[comp.sys.atari.st] VideoKey

david@banzai.UUCP (David Beutel) (06/14/89)

In article <890612-043523-12333@Xerox> Brantly.WBST129@XEROX.COM writes:

>Video Key - used to drive a color TV or provide output for a RBG monitor.
>(an Atari color monitor doesn't need this)
>Retails about $100.00

Is `Video Key' as good on an RGB as the Atari color monitor
is by itself?
--

J. David Beutel_______________11011011________________People's Computer Company
"I am, therefore I am."                             `Revolutionary Programming'

hcj@lzaz.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) (06/15/89)

In article <1204@banzai.UUCP>, david@banzai.UUCP (David Beutel) writes:
> In article <890612-043523-12333@Xerox> Brantly.WBST129@XEROX.COM writes:
> >
> >Video Key - used to drive a color TV or provide output for a RBG monitor.
> >(an Atari color monitor doesn't need this)
> >Retails about $100.00
>
> Is `Video Key' as good on an RGB as the Atari color monitor
> is by itself?
> --
Video Key is optimized to TV format, which means its a 4 MHz baseband
signal for use on input to a VCR or a composite monitor.
(It also modulates channel 3/4 for a TV).

The result is that Low Res is very good, close to the Atari RGB color monitor.
Med res is poor, but barely readable on a composite monitor.

Howard C. Johnson
ATT Bell Labs
att!lzaz!hcj
hcj@lzaz.att.com

selick@bucsf.bu.edu (Steven Selick) (11/09/90)

Does anybody know what the supplied power supply for a Practical Solutions'
Video Key is? I lost my power supply, and it doesn't say it anywhere in the
manual.

thanx,
steve
selick@bucsf.bu.edu

whoffman@bertha.jpl.nasa.gov (Walt Hoffman) (11/13/90)

In article <68179@bu.edu.bu.edu> selick@bucsf.bu.edu (Steven Selick) writes:
>Does anybody know what the supplied power supply for a Practical Solutions'
>Video Key is? I lost my power supply, and it doesn't say it anywhere in the
>manual.

The power supply for the VideoKey is a 12VDC, 300 mA plug-in transformer.
You should be able to get a replacement from Radio Shack or similar stores.

Walt Hoffman, JPL Pasadena, CA