[comp.sys.atari.st] Falcon on a hard drive

pdc@lunch.wpd.sgi.com (Paul Close) (11/09/90)

I have an old copy of a program called HD_FALC5 that loads Falcon (or the
first mission disk) from your hard drive.  This is a neat program, but now
there are two mission disks!  Does anyone know if the author has updated the
program?  From the readme, the author is John Harris (Genie J.HARRIS32).
--
Paul Close	     pdc@sgi.com	   ...!{ames, decwrl, ucbvax}!sgi!pdc

     You are in an open field west of a big white house with a boarded
     front door.  There is a small mailbox here.

In article <1990Nov9.025618.12645@relay.wpd.sgi.com> pdc@sgi.com (Paul Close) writes:
>I have an old copy of a program called HD_FALC5 that loads Falcon (or the
>first mission disk) from your hard drive.  This is a neat program, but now
>there are two mission disks!  Does anyone know if the author has updated the
>program?  From the readme, the author is John Harris (Genie J.HARRIS32).
>--
>Paul Close	     pdc@sgi.com	   ...!{ames, decwrl, ucbvax}!sgi!pdc
>
>     You are in an open field west of a big white house with a boarded
>     front door.  There is a small mailbox here.

Just rename the program files from the second mission to the same name as the
old mission. It loads fine. Both games use the same sound files and such...
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan

Mac// - adv., q.v. MacToo, e.g.  McHave a McHappy McDay!
		McThanks, McYou MacToo!

erkamp@arc.ab.ca (Bob Erkamp) (11/14/90)

In article <1990Nov10.190648.16290@math.lsa.umich.edu> hyc@math.lsa.umich.edu (Howard Chu) writes:
>In article <1990Nov9.025618.12645@relay.wpd.sgi.com> pdc@sgi.com (Paul Close) writes:
>>I have an old copy of a program called HD_FALC5 that loads Falcon (or the
>>first mission disk) from your hard drive.  This is a neat program, but now
>>there are two mission disks!  Does anyone know if the author has updated the
>>program?  From the readme, the author is John Harris (Genie J.HARRIS32).
>>--
>
>Just rename the program files from the second mission to the same name as the
>old mission. It loads fine. Both games use the same sound files and such...
>--

So where can I get this HD_FALC5 program?

Bob