[comp.sys.atari.st] Spectre&epson

selick@bucsf.bu.edu (Steven Selick) (11/07/90)

Is there a printer driver available for macintosh mode (spectre GCR) that
will support a star NX-1000 printer (epson fx-80 compat)? There only seems
to be imagewriter support. Is there a pd driver on any mac boards? Is this
|a mac question? I think it should be an atari question because it deals
with spectre and atari architecture. Has anybody else done this? It would
seem to be a common ocurrance.
thanx,
steve selick
selick@bucsf.bu.edu

rrd@hpfcso.HP.COM (Ray Depew) (11/08/90)

> Is there a printer driver available for macintosh mode (spectre GCR) that
> will support a star NX-1000 printer (epson fx-80 compat)? There only seems
> to be imagewriter support....

> thanx,
> steve selick
> selick@bucsf.bu.edu

Ah!  You'll like your Spectre a lot better than your pcdittoII.  Go ask a
Mac dealer about MacPrint.  I know it supports several laser printers; it
might support the old Epson standard as well.  $99 retail, and worth it.

BTW, if you're not too badly stung by the pcditto episode, there are other
PC emulators for the ST.  Ask your local Atari dealer or user's group about
them.

Regards
Ray Depew
IC's by Bill and Dave
rrd@hpfitst1.hp.com
----------

mjv@brownvm.brown.edu (Marshall Vale) (11/10/90)

In article <7340021@hpfcso.HP.COM> rrd@hpfcso.HP.COM (Ray Depew) writes:
> Ah!  You'll like your Spectre a lot better than your pcdittoII.  Go ask
> Mac dealer about MacPrint.  I know it supports several laser printers; it
> might support the old Epson standard as well.  $99 retail, and worth it.
> [whack,whack]
> Ray Depew
> IC's by Bill and Dave
> rrd@hpfitst1.hp.com

 Hi Ray,
  I've tried e-mailing you before with other replies but I keep getting
bounced mail. Not sure why. Anyway...
  I have MacPrint, and yes it is a very good software package, but it
does not support Epson printers. It only handles HP-PCL printers.

Marshall

-> Internet: mjv@brownvm.brown.edu
"He had found the perfect TV mix, on Marvin's Hour of Power.
 (The show that put the FUN back into fundamentalist)."
   -- Neil Gaiman; Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Propecies of
     Agnes Nutter, Witch

rrd@hpfcso.HP.COM (Ray Depew) (11/13/90)

/ hpfcso:comp.sys.atari.st / mjv@brownvm.brown.edu (Marshall Vale) /  1:47 pm  Nov  9, 1990 /
In article <7340021@hpfcso.HP.COM> rrd@hpfcso.HP.COM (Ray Depew) writes:
> Ah!  You'll like your Spectre a lot better than your pcdittoII.  Go ask
> Mac dealer about MacPrint.  I know it supports several laser printers; it
> might support the old Epson standard as well.  $99 retail, and worth it.
> [whack,whack]
> Ray Depew
> IC's by Bill and Dave
> rrd@hpfitst1.hp.com

 Hi Ray,
  I've tried e-mailing you before with other replies but I keep getting
bounced mail. Not sure why. Anyway...
  I have MacPrint, and yes it is a very good software package, but it
does not support Epson printers. It only handles HP-PCL printers.

Marshall

-> Internet: mjv@brownvm.brown.edu
"He had found the perfect TV mix, on Marvin's Hour of Power.
 (The show that put the FUN back into fundamentalist)."
   -- Neil Gaiman; Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Propecies of
     Agnes Nutter, Witch
----------

rrd@hpfcso.HP.COM (Ray Depew) (11/13/90)

  > I have MacPrint, and yes it is a very good software package, but it
> does not support Epson printers. It only handles HP-PCL printers.

> Marshall

Thanks.  It's been a while since I read the documentation.

Regards
Ray Depew
IC's by Bill and Dave
rrd@hpfitst1.hp.com

----------

rrd@hpfcso.HP.COM (Ray Depew) (11/17/90)

> Is there a printer driver available for macintosh mode (spectre GCR) that
> will support a star NX-1000 printer (epson fx-80 compat)? There only seems

> thanx,
> steve selick
> selick@bucsf.bu.edu

Hi Steve,

I found out from a friend about a place that sells all sorts of printer
drivers for the Mac.  Here's the information, provided without warranty or
endorsement.

> GDT Softworks Inc.
> P.O. Box 1865, Point Roberts, WA 98281  (This must be their U.S. sales office)

> Suite 188-4664 Lougheed Highway, Burnaby, B.C. V5C 6B7  (Canada)

> For inquiries: (604)291-9121  For orders: 1-800-663-6222
                                              ^^^
           I don't know if that's a Canadian or U.S. 800 number.

> They advertised in MACWORLD.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Ray