[comp.sys.atari.st] DeskJet ink cartridge problem -- blow

logajan@ns.network.com (John Logajan) (11/17/90)

The other day, my several times refilled ink cartridge stopped working.
I filled it up some more, but that was apparently not the problem.

So I held my finger over the "extra" hole I had burned in it for refilling,
and I blew into the top hole (in the green plastic part) pressurizing
the internal ink supply (I held the printhead downward.)

This fixed the problem, and I haven't had a recurrance in the last
month or so.

--
- John Logajan @ Network Systems; 7600 Boone Ave; Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
- logajan@ns.network.com, 612-424-4888, Fax 612-424-2853

longj@lonex.radc.af.mil (Jeffrey K. Long) (11/17/90)

In article <1990Nov16.215400.4544@ns.network.com> logajan@ns.network.com (John Logajan) writes:

>The other day, my several times refilled ink cartridge stopped working.
>I filled it up some more, but that was apparently not the problem.
>
>So I held my finger over the "extra" hole I had burned in it for refilling,
>and I blew into the top hole (in the green plastic part) pressurizing
>the internal ink supply (I held the printhead downward.)

I have been refilling my deskjet cartridge for over 2 years now, and I have
never had any problems.  I too find that I have to "blow" my cartridge
occasionally, but it seems a small price to pay to have not had to buy
a new cartridge in 2 years!!

Capt Jeff Long                         Rome Air Development Center
longj@lonex.radc.af.mil                Network Design Laboratory
jlong@cassiopeia.radc.af.mil           (315)330-7751 or (DSN)587-7751