[comp.sys.atari.st] UniTerm 2.0e dialer question

scoile@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Steve Coile) (11/25/90)

   Lately I've been trying to use Uniterm's dialer, and I'm having some
problems.  I'll have it dial one number, and if it doesn't connect, and
I hang-up, I can't change the number I want to dial.  In fact, I can't
do ANYTHING (except to get it to dial again, and hang-up).  I tried
pressing <CTRL/C> as it says in the manual, but it doens't do anything.

Can anyone spare some advice on what to do?  As it is now, I'm stuck
with rebooting (AAARRGH!).  Thanks!

-Steve Coile

andrew@cs.utk.edu (Andrew Krzywdzinski) (11/25/90)

In article <2961@gmuvax2.gmu.edu> scoile@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Steve Coile) writes:

>   Lately I've been trying to use Uniterm's dialer, and I'm having some
>problems.  I'll have it dial one number, and if it doesn't connect, and
>I hang-up, I can't change the number I want to dial.  In fact, I can't
>do ANYTHING (except to get it to dial again, and hang-up).  I tried
>pressing <CTRL/C> as it says in the manual, but it doens't do anything.

I had those problems, too. It seems that if you keep pressing <ctrl>c,
it will eventually get out of dialing mode. Another option is to leave most
of the dialer setup options blank (retries, timeout, fail messages, etc.).

Hope this helps some.
-andrew krzywdzinski

johns@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Conan the Barbarian) (11/26/90)

In article <2961@gmuvax2.gmu.edu> scoile@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Steve Coile) writes:

>   Lately I've been trying to use Uniterm's dialer, and I'm having some
>problems.  I'll have it dial one number, and if it doesn't connect, and
>I hang-up, I can't change the number I want to dial.  In fact, I can't
>do ANYTHING (except to get it to dial again, and hang-up).  I tried
>pressing <CTRL/C> as it says in the manual, but it doens't do anything.
>
>Can anyone spare some advice on what to do?  As it is now, I'm stuck
>with rebooting (AAARRGH!).  Thanks!
>
>-Steve Coile

	There's a line in the Dialer Setup dialog box called "Retries:".
Set this to 1 or any positive number and that problem will be solved.  I
think zero in this line means try until you connect.

--
John Schmitt
johns@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca