[comp.sys.atari.st] UniTerm and Z-modem

david10@stretch.cs.mun.ca (David Churchill) (11/15/90)

I'm sure this has been asked before, but . . . how does one get z-modem
and UniTerm to work together? For example, I've tried running rz.ttp from
a function key using "%run('rz.ttp, '')". It asked for the commandline, and
then I received TOS error #39. Running it from "run prg..." in the menu
did the same thing. What am I doing wrong?

I am using UniTerm 2.0c 010, and have placed rz.ttp and sz.ttp in the same
directory as uniterm.prg.

Thanks in advance,

Dave C.

--
Dave Churchill                          * * *    "Worried about missing
Internet : david10@stretch.cs.mun.ca    * * *     the boat?

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) (11/16/90)

In article <1990Nov14.190056.1444@stretch.cs.mun.ca> david10@stretch.cs.mun.ca (David Churchill) writes:
>I'm sure this has been asked before, but . . . how does one get z-modem
>and UniTerm to work together? For example, I've tried running rz.ttp from
>a function key using "%run('rz.ttp, '')". It asked for the commandline, and
>then I received TOS error #39. Running it from "run prg..." in the menu
>did the same thing. What am I doing wrong?

Did you make sure to set the buffers to leave enough RAM for rz/sz to
use?  Set the SYSTEM buffer at 200K and see if it works properly.

>I am using UniTerm 2.0c 010, and have placed rz.ttp and sz.ttp in the same
>directory as uniterm.prg.

2.0e (edit 14) was the last version I had.

>Thanks in advance,

No worries, mate. :-)

>Dave C.

Chris
------------------------------+---------------------------
Chris Mauritz                 |D{r det finns en |l, finns
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |det en plan!
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |
------------------------------+---------------------------

pv@polari.UUCP (Paul Varn) (11/19/90)

As a follow up for people using ouside programs for Zmodem in Uniterm:
I use XYZ.TTP with Uniterm version 2.0e for Zmodem.  An 80k system buffer will
give you an approx. 40K file buffer that spools to disk.  I think it's a nicer
program and soon to have upload too.
-PV-

roberson@aurs01.UUCP (Charles "Chip" Roberson) (11/20/90)

I was just wondering about uniterm and zmodem last night!  It has been
a very looong time since Simon Poole released a new version of uniterm.

I was wondering if anybody (Simon?) knows if a new version will ever
come out?  If Simon even still programming for the ST?

Anyway, I'd love to see a version of zmodem built into Uniterm.  I've
been using uniterm's built-in xmodem, but it will accept an EOT during
the middle of a binary transfer and basically hang/mung the transfer.

Zmodem with its built-in error recovery seems like an obvious win.

If Simon isn't maintaining the Uniterm source, has he released it to
anybody else to maintain?

Thanks,
 -chip
UUCP: <...!mcnc!aurgate!roberson>
CI$: 71500.2056@CompuServe.com

bode@kaa.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Christian Bode) (11/23/90)

roberson@aurs01.UUCP (Charles "Chip" Roberson) writes:

>I was just wondering about uniterm and zmodem last night!  It has been
>a very looong time since Simon Poole released a new version of uniterm.

>I was wondering if anybody (Simon?) knows if a new version will ever
>come out?  If Simon even still programming for the ST?

I don't know if he is still working on ST programs, but he gave up
programing on UNITERM !!

Greetings

    Marvin

--
  _ _ _                     |   Christian Bode, Aachen, FRG
 ' ) ) )              ,     |   marvin@tornado.north.de

roberson@aurs01.UUCP (Charles "Chip" Roberson) (11/29/90)

In article <bode.659356706@kaa> bode@kaa.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Christian Bode) writes:
>roberson@aurs01.UUCP (Charles "Chip" Roberson) writes:
>
>>I was just wondering about uniterm and zmodem last night!  It has been
>>a very looong time since Simon Poole released a new version of uniterm.
>
>>I was wondering if anybody (Simon?) knows if a new version will ever
>>come out?  If Simon even still programming for the ST?
>
>I don't know if he is still working on ST programs, but he gave up
>programing on UNITERM !!

Could someone possibly convince Simon to release the source code for
Uniterm either into the public domain or to someone who will offer
to support it?

Thanks,
 -chip

* Work:  2912 Wake Forest Road, Raleigh, NC 27609  (919) 850-5011
* (...!mcnc!aurgate!roberson) || (roberson%aurgate@mcnc.org) ||
* (71500.2056@CompuServe.com) || (Chip.Roberson@f112.n151.z1.fidonet.org)
#include <disclaimer.h>