[comp.sys.atari.st] HacMan II Premieres -- One more time

dmb@wam.umd.edu (David M. Baggett) (11/30/90)

As I mentioned in my follow-up to Mike Vederman's post, I plan to
post an .LZH file to atari.archive in the hopes that there won't
be so many problems with full pathname extraction.  Note that
the .LZH will also have an additional doc file that mentions
a few things I, ah, forgot to put in the readme file -- like the
fact that you press ESC to exit the program -- along with a few
hints.

Hopefully the ZOO version hasn't gotten too far around the world
yet.  If anyone sees the ZOO version posted somewhere, please delete it
and replace it with the LZH version so there won't be a million
"broken" copies lying around.  I'd hate for people to D/L 330K only to
have trouble getting the game installed...

Several people have asked for the numeric address of atari.archive.
Well, nslookup here reports [141.211.164.8].

BTW, does anyone have a reasonably fast implementation of Lharc?  Or
for that matter, anything that takes less than _5 hours_ to create an
LZH file?  The version of LHarc I have makes arc look fast.

In any case, the new .LZH should show up at atari.archive by Monday,
December 3.

Thanks,

Dave Baggett
dmb%wam.umd.edu@uunet.uu.net

davidli@simvax.labmed.umn.edu (11/30/90)

In article <84@bart.cs.mcgill.ca>, depeche@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Acme Instant Dehydrated Boulder Kit) writes:

> jeez... Now if only zoo recognized uppercase letters as commands then
> I'd be in eternal bliss

Actually, I think you should be able to unarchive into a directory structure
from the Desktop using the command:

	-restore <archive.name>

--

David Paschall-Zimbel		davidli@simvax.labmed.umn.edu

depeche@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Acme Instant Dehydrated Boulder Kit) (12/01/90)

I don't know what all this fuss about 'broken' versions of hacman II
is all about. I did a zoo x hacman2.zoo and got everything in the same
directory. Tried to run it, realized that there were subdirectories
involved, and deleted each file, and did a zoo x.// (or whatever it is) and
it extracted with subdirectories.

In the future, I'll first do a zoo v <filename> to see if there are full
pathnames in the archive, and then do the extraction.

jeez... Now if only zoo recognized uppercase letters as commands then
I'd be in eternal bliss (I'm one of those weirdos who can't seem to find a
CLI which I like better than PCOMMAND, even though it has all those stupid
problems such as converting all input lines to upper case).

--
|S. Alan Ezust                                |  depeche@cs.mcgill.ca       |
|McGill University School of Computer Science |  Montreal, Quebec, Canada   |