[comp.sys.atari.st] Serial mouse for ST

dalessio@motcid.UUCP (Mario D'Alessio) (11/30/90)

I asked this question before but did not receive any
replies, so I am asking again.

How can I connect a Microsoft compatible SERIAL mouse
to my ST?

There has been a lot of talk about MS mouses, but they
seemed to be about the bus mouse. I have a MS compatible
serial mouse and would like to use this one. I don't
mind cutting the cable if I have to.

Thanks in advance for any help!

* ************************************************************** *
* *                                                            * *
* *  Mario D'Alessio            Motorola, Inc.                 * *
* *  dalessio@motcid.UUCP       Cellular Infrastructure Group  * *
* *                                                            * *
* ************************************************************** *

jeff@onion.pdx.com (Jeff Beadles) (12/02/90)

In article <5299@feldspar23.UUCP> dalessio@motcid.UUCP (Mario D'Alessio) writes:
>How can I connect a Microsoft compatible SERIAL mouse
>to my ST?
>
>There has been a lot of talk about MS mouses, but they
>seemed to be about the bus mouse. I have a MS compatible
>serial mouse and would like to use this one. I don't
>mind cutting the cable if I have to.

There's ******* NO DIFFERENCE ******* between the Microsoft Bus and serial
mice.  The mice are identical.  You can take a serial mouse, and plug it into a
PC bus card with no problems at all.  (I have done this, and vice versa)

I've posted the directions on how to do this several times.  Is there a FAQ for
this group?  If so, then maybe it can be stuck in there, or uploaded to the
Atari archive.

	-Jeff
--
Jeff Beadles		jeff@onion.pdx.com