[comp.sys.atari.st] Program to select res. at boot-up?

burnett@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Andy Burnett) (12/01/90)

   Is there a program that will allow me to select which resolution I
want to use when I boot my computer?

  &y Burnett   |  burnett@mentor.cc.purdue.edu  |

bobw@hpsad.HP.COM (Bob Waltenspiel) (12/01/90)

In comp.sys.atari.st, burnett@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Andy Burnett) writes:
>   Is there a program that will allow me to select which resolution I
>want to use when I boot my computer?

I suggest you try SUPERBOOT.  It does what you want and much more.  I
downloaded it from GEnie a few years ago and liked it so much I've
downloaded every update as soon as they've become available.  I
currently using (I think) version 6.x.

-Bob

Roger.Sheppard@bbs.actrix.gen.nz (12/02/90)

In article <2061@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> burnett@mentor.cc.purdue.edu
(Andy Burnett) writes:

>    Is there a program that will allow me to select which resolution I
> want to use when I boot my computer?
>

> --
>   &y Burnett   |  burnett@mentor.cc.purdue.edu  |
****
Yes just Save the Desktop from the drop down menu, the next time
you boot up, it will be in that resolution that was saved
Note: You must select the resolution before you save it..

--
Roger W. Sheppard   85 Donovan Rd, Kapiti New Zealand...

dorner@telematik.informatik.uni-karlsruhe.de (12/03/90)

In article <2061@mentor.cc.purdue.edu>, burnett@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Andy Burnett) writes:

>    Is there a program that will allow me to select which resolution I
> want to use when I boot my computer?
>

> --
>   &y Burnett   |  burnett@mentor.cc.purdue.edu  |
My program ALT_BOOT in version 3.0 allows the use of up to ten different
DESKTOP.INF files (in addition to managing the auto folder and accessories),
so you can have one each resolution. It is available at serveral FTP-servers,
I posted it to comp.binaries.atari.st serveral month ago.

Greeting, Thomas

PS: Perhaps there will be a new version in a few weeks, I got some new ideas.

| Thomas Dorner,           | I speak only for myself.                      |
| University of Karlsruhe, | FIRST Law of Computer Science:                |
| Germany                  | Any program contains at least one hidden bug. |
| Internet: dorner@telematik.informatik.uni-karlsruhe.de                   |
| UUCP:     ...!uunet!unido!telematik.informatik.uni-karlsruhe.de!dorner   |