[comp.sys.atari.st] What happened to the Abaq/ATW??

black_pd@darwin.ntu.edu.au (12/03/90)

Forgive me for asking about something that must be old stuff to most of
you, but I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me what became of the
Atari Abaq (or ATW?) - by e-mail, unless it would be of general interest.

I had been hearing about the Abaq for some years, then a year or two ago
I read that the release of the ATW was imminent, and then it was never
mentioned in the generalist magazines again... (or I just got busy). I
gather that it was never actually released, but after hearing so much
hype I can't help wondering why.

Thanks in advance from a new user of the net.

Paul Black / black_pd@darwin.ntu.edu.au / Northern Territory University

psurge@cs.utexas.edu (Troy Carpenter) (12/04/90)

In article <1990Dec3.185105.437@darwin.ntu.edu.au>, black_pd@darwin.ntu.edu.au writes:
> Forgive me for asking about something that must be old stuff to most of
> you, but I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me what became of the
> Atari Abaq (or ATW?) - by e-mail, unless it would be of general interest.
>
> I had been hearing about the Abaq for some years, then a year or two ago
> I read that the release of the ATW was imminent, and then it was never
> mentioned in the generalist magazines again... (or I just got busy). I
> gather that it was never actually released, but after hearing so much
> hype I can't help wondering why.

Bob Brodie reported at the Atari Safari in Houston that the ATW has long since
left the public eye and is aimed at big research groups.  Although he would not
name which companies are using it, he did assure us that that the ATW is real
and is in use, just not on the public forem.

                                Troy Carpenter
                        Department of Computer Sciences
                        THE University of Texas, Austin
                              psurge@cs.utexas.edu

"You're so open minded that your brain leaked out" - Steve Taylor

*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The best thing in life costs exactly that <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<*