[comp.sys.atari.st] Net Censorship

cmm1@CUNIXA.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Christopher M Mauritz) (12/05/90)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Subject: Re: Talking about other computers here

In article <1990Dec04.164454.3952@chinet.chi.il.us> saj@chinet.chi.il.us (Steph\
en Jacobs) writes:
>On Fidonet, the first commandment is "Thou shalt not be excessively
>annoying."  I'd like to suggest using the same standard here on usenet.
>Chris Mauritz only seems to post stuff saying "Atari is lousy.

That isn't true.  I have posted articles on how to use software, like
UniTerm and I have posted some (albeit few) somewhat positive articles
RECENTLY about various aspects of the TT.

>I told you years ago that Atari is lousy.  Anyone who disagrees is silly".

When did I say that.  Please quote me if you can.

>(He used to claim to be a financial expert until he publicly failed to notice
>that Jack Tramiel should be considered an Atari 'insider').

When was this???  I don't remember seeing any such post.  What idiot
would claim that a major shareholder of a corporation wasn't an insider.
Again, I challenge you to quote me.

>I say enough is
>enough.  He's getting not just annoying, but excessively annoying.  As of the
>next dumb, provocative, insulting message I'm mailing to postmasters
>between him and me asking them to cut him off.  I suggest other people might
>consider doing the same.  Note that he's the only person posting to this
>group that I'd say that about.

Go for it!  I suspect that nobody can censure me for expressing my opinion.
I have neither threatened anyone, nor used foul language, nor have I
insulted anyone.  If you don't agree with my opinion, that is your right.
I have the right to express mine.  If you don't like it, you can ignore
it.  So complain away if you wish.  All I ask is that you include this
note in your complaint.

>                                   Steve J.

Chris Mauritz                 |D{r det finns en |l, finns
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |det en plan!
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |