[comp.sys.atari.st] limited support for WordUp

davidli@simvax.labmed.umn.edu (12/07/90)

I just got done talking with E. Arthur Brown on the phone, and wanted to let
those who are considering WordUp (or who already have the program) know what's
apparently going on...

E. Arthur Brown Company is providing LIMITED support for WordUp.  They sell
the product in their current catalog, and have become the 'unofficial' source
for support when it comes to replacing disks and/or looking at simple problems.
(Examples of simple problems - determining whether you're using the wrong
version of TurboJet, or when you don't have enough memory.)  They are not
equipped with the means to provide bug-fixes beyond those already fixed by
Neocept.  They don't have the source code, nor has Neocept sold the rights to
WordUp to anyone.

If one of your release disks does not work, they will replace it for a small
fee (about $5, but call for the correct price).  There have been updates to
disks 1 and 5 since WordUp 3.0 came out.  You can update all 5 disks for about
$14.  Updates/replacements require you send in your original disks.

It looks as though Neocept is out of business, so if you're having small
problems, or need disk replacements, you should contact E. Arthur Brown
Company.  If you haven't received their catalog before, you should *definitely*
ask to have one sent to you.

E. Arthur Brown Company
3494 Pawnee Drive
Alexandria, MN  56308

(612) 762-8847

[Posted as clarifying information only.  I am not connected with E. Arthur
Brown Company, nor have I purchased anything from them, but I will be sending
in my WordUp disks to be updated, and I do live in the same great state :-)]

--

David Paschall-Zimbel		davidli@simvax.labmed.umn.edu

ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Gerald Greenberg) (12/08/90)

In article <1990Dec7.105128.1@simvax.labmed.umn.edu> davidli@simvax.labmed.umn.edu writes:
>It looks as though Neocept is out of business, so if you're having small
>problems, or need disk replacements, you should contact E. Arthur Brown
>Company.  If you haven't received their catalog before, you should *definitely*
>ask to have one sent to you.
This is terribly bad news...I like WordUp, and I still think
it is the word processor for the ST that is most like a Mac
wordprocessor (and that is good!).  V3.0 was much better than
the previous version I had, but I was hoping that there would
be still more upgrades...too bad Neocept went under---did
they? I mean are they REALLY out of business, or does it just
"look like" they're out of business (perhaps to return?)?
Oh well, maybe the new GDOS will bring around another new
wordprocessor that can handle various fonts!
--Gerry