[comp.sys.atari.st] TOS file system consistency check - is there one?

rcb@netcom.UUCP (Roy Bixler) (12/13/90)

I have AHDI 3.01 on my hard disk.  Being familiar with DOS and its
'chkdsk' command as well, I'm wondering if there is any equivalent for
AHDI 3.01.  I never have any problems with it, so this is just
curiosity speaking.  Does AHDI do a consistency check on boot-up or as
it goes along?  Hmmm, what if there were no check?!  (a rhetorical
question!)

Roy Bixler
netcom!rcb@apple.com
coming soon: rcb@netcom.com

Roger.Sheppard@bbs.actrix.gen.nz (12/14/90)

In article <18671@netcom.UUCP> rcb@netcom.UUCP (Roy Bixler) writes:
> I have AHDI 3.01 on my hard disk.  Being familiar with DOS and its
> 'chkdsk' command as well, I'm wondering if there is any equivalent for
> AHDI 3.01.  I never have any problems with it, so this is just
> curiosity speaking.  Does AHDI do a consistency check on boot-up or as
> it goes along?  Hmmm, what if there were no check?!  (a rhetorical
> question!)
>
> Roy Bixler
> netcom!rcb@apple.com
> coming soon: rcb@netcom.com

Atari does have one for Developer use only, there are otheres, CleenUp
by ICD, but that only works with there HardWare, but try Berkeley
Microsystems, they have a suite of Utils, Pone No. 425-547-2191 USA.

--
Roger W. Sheppard   85 Donovan Rd, Kapiti New Zealand...