[comp.sys.atari.st] dBMAN version 2.00 L

AAron@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (12/11/90)

A few months ago I got ahold of dBMAN version 2.00 L (as VERSION() reported)
and thought it was GREAT that I finally had a dbase III compatible database
manager for my Atari ST!!!

The opinion I formed soon after trying it out... YUCK.

I will not dwell on my bad Opinion of dBMAN since I have learned that the
newest version is IV, and is available for 37 different platforms.

It is very possible that the problems and bugs I encountered no longer exist.

I have been writing hardcore dbase code for quite a while now,
well... CLIPPER code, which is BETTER!

AAron nAAs
AAron@sun.soe.clarkson.edu

silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill Silvert) (12/14/90)

In article <9012110335.AA11156@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> AAron@sun.soe.clarkson.edu writes:
>A few months ago I got ahold of dBMAN version 2.00 L (as VERSION() reported)
>and thought it was GREAT that I finally had a dbase III compatible database
>manager for my Atari ST!!!
>
>I will not dwell on my bad Opinion of dBMAN since I have learned that the
>newest version is IV, and is available for 37 different platforms.

The current version is V and has been out for several years now.
--
William Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division, Bedford Inst. of Oceanography
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2.  Tel. (902)426-1577