[comp.sys.atari.st] RZ/SZ - latest version?

rcb@netcom.UUCP (Roy Bixler) (12/13/90)

I retrieved a port of RZ and SZ done by CWRU ST enthusiasts (Bammi and
company, no doubt) from atari.archive.  It says it is version 1.67,
based on Chuck Forsberg's version 2.12 of SZ and version 2.03 of RZ.
I am wondering if there are any newer versions around.

My motivation for asking was that I would like to be able to upload
files without waiting for an ACK to come back from the receiving end
(i.e. in a continuous stream).  I've already tried out Alan Hamilton's
excellent XYZ, which does this.  I would feel more comfortable working
with something derived from the original, though.  Another (more
tangible) advantage of the original is Z-modem compression.

So, Jwahar or anyone out there, has Forsberg's RZ/SZ version 3.xx been
ported yet?  In case anyone is wondering (Derek?), I do plan to send
$10 to Alan Hamilton for XYZ (just because he obviously put a lot of
effort to make a robust program).  Anyway, thanks ...

Roy
netcom!rcb@apple.com
coming soon: rcb@netcom.com

dstailey@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Doug Stailey) (12/14/90)

In article <18674@netcom.UUCP> rcb@netcom.UUCP (Roy Bixler) writes:

>So, Jwahar or anyone out there, has Forsberg's RZ/SZ version 3.xx been
>ported yet?  In case anyone is wondering (Derek?), I do plan to send
>$10 to Alan Hamilton for XYZ (just because he obviously put a lot of
>effort to make a robust program).  Anyway, thanks ...

Can anyone tell me where the source code to either the original RZ/SZ
or a decent ST port can be found.  I want to port these programs to the
MiNT libraries, but I can't find them anywhere.

Thanks,

Doug (dstailey@gnu.ai.mit.edu)

--
disclaimer: This message is sold by weight, not volume.  Contents may have
	    settled during shipment.

Roger.Sheppard@bbs.actrix.gen.nz (12/14/90)

In article <18674@netcom.UUCP> rcb@netcom.UUCP (Roy Bixler) writes:
> I retrieved a port of RZ and SZ done by CWRU ST enthusiasts (Bammi and
> company, no doubt) from atari.archive.  It says it is version 1.67,
> based on Chuck Forsberg's version 2.12 of SZ and version 2.03 of RZ.
> I am wondering if there are any newer versions around.
>
> My motivation for asking was that I would like to be able to upload
> files without waiting for an ACK to come back from the receiving end
> (i.e. in a continuous stream).  I've already tried out Alan Hamilton's
> excellent XYZ, which does this.  I would feel more comfortable working
> with something derived from the original, though.  Another (more
> tangible) advantage of the original is Z-modem compression.
>
> So, Jwahar or anyone out there, has Forsberg's RZ/SZ version 3.xx been
> ported yet?  In case anyone is wondering (Derek?), I do plan to send
> $10 to Alan Hamilton for XYZ (just because he obviously put a lot of
> effort to make a robust program).  Anyway, thanks ...
>
> Roy
> netcom!rcb@apple.com
> coming soon: rcb@netcom.com

Have you tried GSZRZ18, this is a Geman Gem implementation of it, i have
seen the version 14 posted here, and 17 to a archiver site, the version
18 game from Genie, this would be the latest Zmodem program that i have
seen...

--
Roger W. Sheppard   85 Donovan Rd, Kapiti New Zealand...

pegram@kira.UUCP (Robert B. Pegram) (12/15/90)

> In article <18674@netcom.UUCP> rcb@netcom.UUCP (Roy Bixler) writes:
>
>>So, Jwahar or anyone out there, has Forsberg's RZ/SZ version 3.xx been
>>ported yet?  In case anyone is wondering (Derek?), I do plan to send
>>$10 to Alan Hamilton for XYZ (just because he obviously put a lot of
>>effort to make a robust program).  Anyway, thanks ...

> Can anyone tell me where the source code to either the original RZ/SZ
> or a decent ST port can be found.  I want to port these programs to the
> MiNT libraries, but I can't find them anywhere.

> Thanks,

> Doug (dstailey@gnu.ai.mit.edu)

Could someone remind me what these programs do?  I'm not sure I ever knew
(only a Un*x user you know).

thanks,

Bob Pegram

pegram@griffin.uvm.edu