[comp.sys.atari.st] Nec 1401PC3A Multisync, will it work?

longj@lonex.radc.af.mil (Jeffrey K. Long) (11/17/90)

I know this has been asked before, but then, I wasn't interested
in the answer then since I didn't have access to the above mentioned
monitor!!

Will a Nec 1401PC3A multisynce work with the Atari ST??

Thanks!!

Capt Jeff Long                         Rome Air Development Center
longj@lonex.radc.af.mil                Network Design Laboratory
jlong@cassiopeia.radc.af.mil           (315)330-7751 or (DSN)587-7751

mccann@rbdc (Mike McCann) (11/21/90)

longj@lonex.radc.af.mil (Jeffrey K. Long) writes:

>I know this has been asked before, but then, I wasn't interested
>in the answer then since I didn't have access to the above mentioned
>monitor!!

>Will a Nec 1401PC3A multisynce work with the Atari ST??

Er, that number is not familiar to me. Is this the 3D, 4D, or 5D, Plus,

II, or original Multisync? If so yes. Is it the 2A? If so, NO. At least,

that's to my best guess. The 5D just MIGHT not work after all...

EOF
>Thanks!!

>--
>Capt Jeff Long                         Rome Air Development Center
>longj@lonex.radc.af.mil                Network Design Laboratory
>jlong@cassiopeia.radc.af.mil           (315)330-7751 or (DSN)587-7751

s37837k@saha.hut.fi (Jari Lehto) (12/09/90)

I'm sure, that every multisync monitor can work with ST.
I have the NEC 3D, and I see no reason why xD (x>3) wouldn't work.
About 2A, I have a cable to connect ST to NEC 2A, I don't need it.
It is made by LINDY, I have bought it from Germany. But it is quite
easy to make a cable for a monitor, IF you have the pin assignments
(can be found from manuals), IF you can get the proper connectors
(ST's 13-pin round is a problem, cut from old cable).

	*** jartsu@otax.hut.fi / s37837k@saha.hut.fi ***
	*** 		Jari Lehto		     ***

	*** Jari Lehto, jartsu@otax.hut.fi, s37837k@saha.hut.fi ***

saj@chinet.chi.il.us (Stephen Jacobs) (12/10/90)

In article <1990Dec8.173320.15109@santra.uucp> s37837k@saha.hut.fi (Jari Lehto) writes:
>I'm sure, that every multisync monitor can work with ST.

I'm afraid not.  The ST puts out 70 video fields a second in monochrome mode.
This is outside the specs for the original NEC Multisync, and a lot of other
similar monitors made before IBM introduced VGA.  Some of them work anyway,
but it has to be checked directly.
                                     Steve J.

ripley@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de (Hans-Ch. Eckert) (12/16/90)

In article <1990Dec8.173320.15109@santra.uucp> s37837k@saha.hut.fi (Jari Lehto) writes:

	[...]  IF you can get the proper connectors
   (ST's 13-pin round is a problem, cut from old cable).

Well, when I wanted to build my own monitor-switchbox, I had no trouble finding the
monitor-connectors for the st.

Greetings,
				RIPLEY
--