[comp.sys.atari.st] What is PENGO

ljdickey@watserv1.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) (12/08/90)

I found a file called PENGO at  atari.archive.umich.edu.
Can someone enlighten me as to what it is?

erkamp@arc.ab.ca (Bob Erkamp) (12/08/90)

In article <1990Dec7.160410.6804@watserv1.waterloo.edu> ljdickey@watserv1.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) writes:

>I found a file called PENGO at  atari.archive.umich.edu.
>Can someone enlighten me as to what it is?

It's a great little color game with a penquin. I beleive it's modelled after
an arcade game (Pengy?). Not bad at all. The instructions are in the game.
It's just a pain reading them as the scroll right to left.

Bob

tgingric@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Tyler S Gingrich) (12/18/90)

In article <1990Dec7.232058.1150@arc.ab.ca> erkamp@arc.ab.ca (Bob Erkamp) writes:
>In article <1990Dec7.160410.6804@watserv1.waterloo.edu> ljdickey@watserv1.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) writes:
>>
>>I found a file called PENGO at  atari.archive.umich.edu.
>>Can someone enlighten me as to what it is?
>>
>It's a great little color game with a penquin. I beleive it's modelled after
>an arcade game (Pengy?). Not bad at all. The instructions are in the game.
>It's just a pain reading them as the scroll right to left.

Actually, the arcade game was also called PENGO.  It was one of my all time
favorites!!  I haven't tried the PD version -- I hope it's close.  I
especially liked the penguins dancing to Beethoven's 9th after you completed
a screen.

Tyler