[comp.sys.atari.st] Using NeXT's 20meg Floppy on STs

jvance@ics.uci.edu (Joachim Patrick Vance) (12/18/90)

In article <276AA5DF.11270@ics.uci.edu> jvance@ics.uci.edu (Joachim Patrick Vance) writes:

>   I noticed that the new NeXTs had something like a 20meg floppy (to
>replace the floptical drive I guess).  Are these SCSI?  Would there be
>a way to connect these to an ST for use as something like a removable
>hard disk?
>   Just wondering.

  Okay, my wonderfully inactive-becoming-senile-21-year-old brain
mislead me.  From all the wonderful email I found that the new NeXTs
have a 2.88 meg floppy drive.  One writer said that they are SCSI. If
this is true then I assume all that remains in connecting it to the ST
is software to format it and whatnot (Besides a ASCI to SCSI adapter).
But am I missing something?  This seems promising.

--
Joachim Vance
     I am antisesquipedalian--Opposed to the use of long words.