[comp.sys.atari.st] HiSoft BASIC

jrglenn@amherst.bitnet (12/13/90)

Does anyone know what the current version of HiSoft BASIC is?  I called
MichTron a while back about a problem I was having woth v1.23, and they told me
they would send me v1.25 if I sent $5.  Now, MichTron, under new ownership,
claims there is no v1.25.  What gives?

----
James R. Glenn                 bitnet: JRGLENN@AMHERST  (Amherst College)

Have you seen Valgus^2?

teexand@ioe.lon.ac.uk (Andrew Dawson) (12/17/90)

In <11383.27668519@amherst.bitnet> jrglenn@amherst.bitnet writes:

>Does anyone know what the current version of HiSoft BASIC is?  I called
>MichTron a while back about a problem I was having woth v1.23, and they told me
>they would send me v1.25 if I sent $5.  Now, MichTron, under new ownership,
>claims there is no v1.25.  What gives?

I recently got an upgrade to HiSoft BASIC 1.31. I think that's the latest.
There was something in the handout I picked up at a show about there being a
change re US distribution. I haven't got it handy at present, but I'll see if I
can dig it up.

I read in a magazine that Hisoft & Power BASIC are to be combined into a single
new product sometime in the new year.

--
Andrew Dawson, Computer Centre, University College London, Gower Street,
London WC1E 6BT, England.

teexand@ioe.lon.ac.uk (Andrew Dawson) (12/18/90)

In <1990Dec17.110311.4187@ioe.lon.ac.uk> teexand@ioe.lon.ac.uk (Andrew Dawson) writes:

>In <11383.27668519@amherst.bitnet> jrglenn@amherst.bitnet writes:
>>Does anyone know what the current version of HiSoft BASIC is?  I called
>>MichTron a while back about a problem I was having woth v1.23, and they told me
>>they would send me v1.25 if I sent $5.  Now, MichTron, under new ownership,
>>claims there is no v1.25.  What gives?

>There was something in the handout I picked up at a show about there being a
>change re US distribution.

OK - This is the relevenant bit. I don't have any other info about this. It may
be worth contacting HiSoft directly for up to date information. Their phone
number is +44 525 718181.

From "HiSoft News", dated December 1990:

"We are very sad to say goodbye to Michtron, our former US distributor, which
has now closed down. We were always pleased with the way they sold our
software. We are now happy to be working with Lauren Flanegan-Sellers and
Goldleaf Publishing of San Fransisco and we hope to be able to make an
announcement to our North American customers quite soon."