[comp.sys.atari.st] Windows 2.x on ATSpeed

ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Gerald Greenberg) (12/22/90)

Does anybody running ATSpeed boot from the hard disk with
windows?  I've had windiws 2.x running, but when I try to set
up my hard disk to boot with windows, it never semms to work
more than once or twice...then the next time I try, the system
will not boot from my hard disk.  Does anybody have any ideas
why? what I should try?...I've got a 2.5 meg ST, so I've set
up smartdrive with 1.4 meg of extended memory (if that makes
any difference).
Thanks very much in advance.
--Gerry
ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu
maxg@suvm  (bitnet)

ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Gerald Greenberg) (12/23/90)

In article <1990Dec22.135319.2950@rodan.acs.syr.edu> ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Gerald Greenberg) writes:
>Does anybody running ATSpeed boot from the hard disk with
>windows?  I've had windiws 2.x running, but when I try to set
>up my hard disk to boot with windows, it never semms to work
>more than once or twice...then the next time I try, the system
>will not boot from my hard disk.  Does anybody have any ideas
>why? what I should try?...I've got a 2.5 meg ST, so I've set
>up smartdrive with 1.4 meg of extended memory (if that makes
>any difference).
>--Gerry

Well, I can answer part of my question:  it seems that
smartdrive.sys is the problem.  When I include smartdrive.sys
in my config.sys file, the machine does not boot.  When I
don't include smartdrive.sys, everything is OK.  So, now the
question becomes:  is there any way to run smartdrive.sys? is
there some way to get the same effect as including it in the
config.sys file?  Any help would be appreciated.
--Gerry
ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu
maxg@suvm (bitnet)