[comp.sys.atari.st] Neocept

ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Gerald Greenberg) (12/06/90)

OK...OK...this has gotten out of hand, I think.  I've gotten
a couple of notes from people who are having problems with
WordUp and have not been able to contact Neocept.  If anyone
knows anything about the status of this company, please post
it to the net.  Also, if anybody is still a member of Genie,
Delphi, or Compuserv, could you check if anybody on those
services knows about Neocept's status? and let the net know if
anyone does?  For that matter, maybe Neocept is on one of
those services giving vender support?
Thanks very much in advance.
--Gerry

Roger.Sheppard@bbs.actrix.gen.nz (12/08/90)

In article <1990Dec6.142316.7956@rodan.acs.syr.edu>
ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Gerald Greenberg) writes:
> OK...OK...this has gotten out of hand, I think.  I've gotten
> a couple of notes from people who are having problems with
> WordUp and have not been able to contact Neocept.  If anyone
> knows anything about the status of this company, please post
> it to the net.  Also, if anybody is still a member of Genie,
> Delphi, or Compuserv, could you check if anybody on those
> services knows about Neocept's status? and let the net know if
> anyone does?  For that matter, maybe Neocept is on one of
> those services giving vender support?
> Thanks very much in advance.
> --Gerry

Neocept have gone belly up, WordUp is now handled by E.ARTHUR BROWN Co.
Phone No. 612/762-8847, they also offer WordUp 3 for $49,95 US, also
Note: this Program only works on USA machines, it is posible to patch it
to work with other machines, this i have done for a UK. machine, if
there are a few intrested i will give the Patch info so it will work on
other machines, Note: some functions read the Key Codes and not the Key
Table, this is easy to Fix, just Update the Resource File with the New
Key Tops...

--
Roger W. Sheppard   85 Donovan Rd, Kapiti New Zealand...

ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Gerald Greenberg) (12/18/90)

A while back there was some discussion about the status of
Neocept, the makers of WordUp...The concensus was that Neocept
had gone out of business.  Well, in the December issue of
Current Notes, in the STUPDATE article, Frank Sommers states
that Neocept announced "'an intermission' and possibly a final
curtain call for WordUp".  The gist of the story is that
Neocept cannot continue to improve their products while
providing support...which is why they made arrangements with
E.Arthur Brown to distribute the upgrades...and that the
future of Neocept and WordUp depends on the future of the ST.
I guess we can only wait and see.
--Gerry

Roger.Sheppard@bbs.actrix.gen.nz (12/18/90)

In article <1990Dec17.160744.19837@rodan.acs.syr.edu>
ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Gerald Greenberg) writes:
> A while back there was some discussion about the status of
> Neocept, the makers of WordUp...The concensus was that Neocept
> had gone out of business.  Well, in the December issue of
> Current Notes, in the STUPDATE article, Frank Sommers states
> that Neocept announced "'an intermission' and possibly a final
> curtain call for WordUp".  The gist of the story is that
> Neocept cannot continue to improve their products while
> providing support...which is why they made arrangements with
> E.Arthur Brown to distribute the upgrades...and that the
> future of Neocept and WordUp depends on the future of the ST.
> I guess we can only wait and see.
> --Gerry

From what I here Frank Sommers now works for Atari USA, and there is
some talk that WordUp will soon be out with a Atari label on it ???

--
Roger W. Sheppard   85 Donovan Rd, Kapiti New Zealand...

rrd@hpfcso.HP.COM (Ray Depew) (12/21/90)

>> Neocept, the makers of WordUp...The concensus was that Neocept
>> had gone out of business.  Well, in the December issue of
>> Current Notes, in the STUPDATE article, Frank Sommers states
>> that Neocept announced "'an intermission' and possibly a final
>> curtain call for WordUp"....

> From what I here Frank Sommers now works for Atari USA, and there is
> some talk that WordUp will soon be out with a Atari label on it ???

Great.  So in the future we can expect WordUp, etc. to be supported by
a large corporation rather than somebody's basement.

Atari, you say?  Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse...

Ray
"no, Virginia, there is no such thing as bug-free MSWrite"
rrd@hpfitst1.hp.com
----------

jhenders@jonh.wimsey.bc.ca (John Henders) (12/23/90)

In <1990Dec17.160744.19837@rodan.acs.syr.edu>, Gerald Greenberg writes:
>A while back there was some discussion about the status of
>Neocept, the makers of WordUp...The concensus was that Neocept
>had gone out of business.
>--Gerry

	The latest issue of Z-mag says He got a job with Atari doing developer
support, and says Atari may pick up Word-Up as an Atari product.

--
          John Henders        jhenders@jonh.wimsey.bc.ca
          Vancouver,B.C.      or jhenders@wimsey.bc.ca