[comp.sys.atari.st] BOOT ME UP!

slp9m@cc.usu.edu (12/17/90)

I have owned a 1040 ST for several years.  It was purchased for the purpose
of doing a few routine tasks which it performed using a limited set of
software.  While it has performed these tasks well, I could be getting a lot
more use out of it.  I have seen several archived binaries that would likely
help me in doing just that.  I have just one problem.  That limited set of
software does not include a communications program capable of doing file
transfers.

Here's where I need someone's help:  I would like to get ahold of a copy of
Uniterm.  (Even if it isn't the latest version, that's fine as long as I can
use it to download the latest version.)  If anyone would be willing to send
me a version via US mail, please E-mail me with the address and I will
supply a formatted disk, self addressed stamped mailer, etc.  Thanks in
advance to the willing volunteer.

#        Scott E. Parker    WA7VYJ        #                                #
# Center for Atmospheric & Space Sciences # INTERNET: SLP9M@cc.usu.edu     #
#          Utah State University          # Twisted pair: (801) 750-2975   #
#         Logan, UT    84322-4405         #         Home: (801) 753-3924   #

slp9m@cc.usu.edu (12/19/90)

I wrote:
>Here's where I need someone's help:  I would like to get ahold of a copy of
>Uniterm.  (Even if it isn't the latest version, that's fine as long as I can
>use it to download the latest version.)  If anyone would be willing to send
>me a version via US mail, please E-mail me with the address and I will
>supply a formatted disk, self addressed stamped mailer, etc.  Thanks in
>advance to the willing volunteer.

Plenty of willing volunteers have come forward already.  Thanks!
	-Scott

s37837k@saha.hut.fi (Jari Lehto) (12/20/90)

There are better comms than Uniterm...Can you get the British magazine
STFormat? In the latest issue there is a really hot terminal prg on the
coverdisk that is included to every issue. I you are not capable to
reach one, give me a message and we'll sort this problem out somehow.
Tried Flash? It is commercial, but good. (maybe not as good as the other...)

	*** Jari Lehto, jartsu@otax.hut.fi, s37837k@saha.hut.fi ***

ljdickey@watmath.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) (12/24/90)

In article <1990Dec19.210734.22900@santra.uucp> s37837k@saha.hut.fi (Jari Lehto) writes:
>There are better comms than Uniterm...Can you get the British magazine
>STFormat? In the latest issue there is a really hot terminal prg on the
>coverdisk ...

I am not an expert on these things, so would like to know more.  I
would like it if those who know could tell me, please, what are the
features this hot terminal program has that Uniterm does not have.
Maybe this is just what I am looking for.

--
Leroy J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, U of Waterloo, Canada N2L 3G1
	Internet:	ljdickey@watmath.waterloo.edu