[comp.sys.atari.st] my comments on flex

stank@anvil.WV.TEK.COM (Stan Kalinowski) (12/29/90)

Hopefully I can head off some confusion.  In my previous post I
refered to a COPYING file that comes with flex.  I was referring the
standard GNU version 2.3 release of flex, not the Atari port.

							stank

US Mail: Stan Kalinowski, Tektronix, Inc., Network Displays Division
         PO Box 1000, MS 60-850, Wilsonville OR 97070   Phone:(503)-685-2458
e-mail:  {ucbvax,decvax,allegra,uw-beaver}!tektronix!orca!stank
    or   stank@orca.WV.TEK.COM

In article <9785@orca.wv.tek.com> stank@anvil.WV.TEK.COM (Stan Kalinowski) writes:
>Hopefully I can head off some confusion.  In my previous post I
>refered to a COPYING file that comes with flex.  I was referring the
>standard GNU version 2.3 release of flex, not the Atari port.

>							stank

Flex is not cvered by the GNU copyleft because it was not written for the GNU
project. It was out in the public domain long before the copyleft existed. It's
distributed with the rest of the GNU stuff because it's Fast and Free and the
FSF didn't feel like re-inventing the lex-wheel when flex was such a fine job.
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan

Flame all you want - we'll take more.