[comp.sys.atari.st] X-former cable pin-out

Yonderboy@cup.portal.com (Christopher Lee Russell) (12/23/90)

Hey, could some nice net-person post or e-mail me the pin-out for the
X-former cable?  (Atari 8bit disk drive to Atari ST interface).. I got
a pin-out, built the cable and it doesn't work!  I have two programs that
could utilize it but it just plain don't work and it seems to be a simple
cable and I am 99% sure it is not anything I did wrong...

               ........Yonderboy@cup.portal.com

jmack@b11.ingr.com (Cery McCormick) (01/01/91)

In article <37166@cup.portal.com>, Yonderboy@cup.portal.com (Christopher Lee Russell) writes:
> Hey, could some nice net-person post or e-mail me the pin-out for the
> X-former cable?  (Atari 8bit disk drive to Atari ST interface).. I got
> a pin-out, built the cable and it doesn't work!  I have two programs that
> could utilize it but it just plain don't work and it seems to be a simple
> cable and I am 99% sure it is not anything I did wrong...
>
>                ........Yonderboy@cup.portal.com

     1   3   5   7   9  11  13         1                       13
     o   o   o   o   o   o   o         o o o o o o o o o o o o o
                                        o o o o o o o o o o o o
      o   o   o   o   o   o            14                     25
      2   4   6   8  10  12
       9 Pin 8-Bit connector           25 Pin RS-232 male connector

   View looking at end of cable     looking at end of cable from ST
    Hint: look for small numbers on the 25 Pin connector.

connections:

	8-bit end		ST end

	   3			  11
	   5			   5