[comp.sys.atari.st] DCACHE

atze@cs.ruu.nl (Atze Dijkstra) (01/02/91)

In <27918@cs.yale.edu> fischer-michael@cs.yale.edu (Michael Fischer) writes:

>In article <CMM.0.88.661488577.larserio@kvart.ifi.uio.no> larserio@ifi.uio.no writes:
>>I have a BIG problem with THE VAULT hard disk backup !!!
>>It won't work at all together with the DCACHE hard disk cache program.
>>
>>When DCACHE is installed and active VAULT works VEEERYYYY SLOOWLYYY
>>and when it finally is finished ALL THE BACKUP DISKS ARE BLANKS !!!

[stuff deleted]

>I have attempted to contact the author of DCACHE to see if he can
>fix this problem with DCACHE.  Until then, users of DCACHE should
>aware of the problems it can cause with other programs.
>
>--
>| Michael Fischer <fischer-michael@cs.yale.edu>  |

Well, he found me and I am fixing the problem as well as making
some changes to DCACHE (i.e. resizing a cache after installation).
When I'm ready I will post the new version to comp.binaries.atari.st.

(BTW, Michael Fischer's bug report is the first reaction on DCACHE since
I wrote it. If any other problems exist and/or features are wished, NOW
is the moment to make me aware of them to possibly incorporate them in a
new version !)

Atze Dijkstra,   Dept.  of  Computer  Science,  Utrecht University    /|\
Padualaan 14,  P.O. Box 80.089, 3508 TB  Utrecht,  The Netherlands   / | \
Tel.: +31-30-531935/1805 | UUCP: ...!uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!ruuinf!atze  /__|  \
Fax : +31-30-513791      | Email: atze@cs.ruu.nl    [131.211.80.5] /   |___|