[comp.sys.atari.st] gnu 1.37.1 gdb

apratt@atari.UUCP (Allan Pratt) (01/05/91)

wchow@world.std.com (wing p chow) writes:
>gcc -c -gg foo.c
>gcc -o foo.prg foo.o
>sym-ld -r -o foo.sym $GNULIB\crt0.o foo.o -lgnugdb

I think you have to include -gg on the second gcc command line, as well
as the first.  That way the executable is compiled with gnugdb.olb,
too, not gnu.olb as it is without that option.  Check the output of

	gcc -v -gg -o foo.prg foo.o

to see what options and files gcc is giving to gcc-ld, and give those
same options and files to sym-ld (in addition to -r).

On the other hand, I haven't used gdb since it bombed for me the first time,
so I don't really know.