[comp.sys.atari.st] gcc cross compiler?

acton@cs.ubc.ca (Donald Acton) (01/10/91)

I was wondering if anyone has a C compiler and linker setup to
cross-compile on something like a Sun Sparc-4 for an Atari ST. I am in
the situation where I have 2 1040s at home (no hard disks) and would
like to do a little software development. I figure it is faster to do
this on a machine like a Sun at school and then use a high speed modem
to transfer the executable to a floppy on one machine for testing on
the other. I thought that in the past someone had done this for the
gnu cc compiler and if that was the case I was wondering where I might
ftp the software from.

Thanks

  Donald Acton
  acton@cs.ubc.ca

In article <1991Jan10.053427.22552@cs.ubc.ca> acton@cs.ubc.ca (Donald Acton) writes:

>I was wondering if anyone has a C compiler and linker setup to
>cross-compile on something like a Sun Sparc-4 for an Atari ST. I am in
>the situation where I have 2 1040s at home (no hard disks) and would
>like to do a little software development. I figure it is faster to do
>this on a machine like a Sun at school and then use a high speed modem
>to transfer the executable to a floppy on one machine for testing on
>the other. I thought that in the past someone had done this for the
>gnu cc compiler and if that was the case I was wondering where I might
>ftp the software from.

If you have a floppy drive in a SPARCstation you can write directly to an
ST-readable floppy. The gnu stuff on atari.archive has makefiles for use as
a cross-compiler as well as running native on Minix and TOS.
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan

Flame all you want - we'll take more.