[comp.sys.atari.st] SIMM prices

roberson@aurs01.UUCP (Charles "Chip" Roberson) (01/15/91)

With these great prices on SIMMs are there any commercially available
upgrades for the original 1040STs that use SIMMs?  At these prices,
I could easily be convinced to upgrade from 1Meg!  TeX would love it
and I could finally run GNU Emacs!  <and there was much rejoicing!>

-chip
* Work:  2912 Wake Forest Road, Raleigh, NC 27609  (919) 850-5011
* (...!mcnc!aurgate!roberson) || (roberson%aurgate@mcnc.org) ||
* (71500.2056@CompuServe.com) || (Chip.Roberson@f112.n151.z1.fidonet.org)
#include <disclaimer.h>

jennie@ius2.cs.cmu.edu (Jennifer Kay) (01/15/91)

In article <59433@aurs01.UUCP> roberson@aurw31.UUCP (Charles "Chip" Roberson) writes:

>With these great prices on SIMMs are there any commercially available
>upgrades for the original 1040STs that use SIMMs?  At these prices,
>I could easily be convinced to upgrade from 1Meg!
 [remainder deleted]

 Probably the best way to upgrade a Non-STE is with a device from:
EVESHAM MICROS, Unit 9, St. Richards Road, Evesham, Worcs., WR11 6XJ, UK
Tel: 01044-0386-765500

They sell a SIMM cage which can be inserted into any pre STE machine (so
their advert claims) allowing SIMM upgrades to 4 Meg.  It is also claimed
to be solderless, and requires no electronics knowledge.

The latest price I have for it is about $120 with no installed memory
(from the Dec. 1990 issue of Atari ST User).

                             Red/. (borrowing jennie's account)