[comp.sys.atari.st] notator/postscript

selick@bucsf.bu.edu (Steven Selick) (11/07/90)

Is there any way to have CLab's Notator print in PostScript? I am looking
to send PostScript to a file to be printed out on my mainframe.
Do a lot of people own Notator? It has proven to be the best software
package for ANY computer for all midi applications. Is there a pd source
for notator songs or standard midi songs? For that matter, is there a
source of synthesizer sounds in standard midi format?

-steve
selick@bucsf.bu.edu

selick@bucsf.bu.edu (Steven Selick) (01/16/91)

Is it possible (does anybody have a driver) to print notator songs in
Postscript? to disk?
-steve
<selick@bucsf.bu.edu>

ramsiri@blake.u.washington.edu (Enartloc Nhoj) (01/17/91)

In article <72322@bu.edu.bu.edu> selick@bucsf.bu.edu (Steven Selick) writes:
>Is it possible (does anybody have a driver) to print notator songs in
>Postscript? to disk?
>-steve
><selick@bucsf.bu.edu>

I have been wanting to do this for years now.. as a matter of
fact, because NOTATOR does NOT produce a stand alone file of
any format other than its own (to be used only by the program
itself), I have been forced to look into a mac system in order
to publish my book.  C-LAB is out of Germany.  Poscript lives
in the US.. the best we can hope for is that C-LAB gets enough
people vocalizing this DTP need.. I have heard that there is a
that C-LAB might consider the ability to create a .IMG file..
or perhaps a .CVG (Calamus Vector Graphics) file format..which
I also hear is trying to become a standard in Europe...

I strongly suggest calling Mikhail Graham, the US rep for
C-LAB argue the absolute necessity for this.. and that we
need it NOW.. not next year!

his # :  (916) 265-6484

Also, suggest that SOFTLINK become available to all ST'er's
and that it should be pushed to LEVEL III, a more powerful
multitasking program.

-kevin

.