[comp.sys.atari.st] DC-DeskTop 2.0 and Harlekin

larserio@IFI.UIO.NO (LarsErikOsterud) (01/16/91)

Anyone out there who knows why Dc-DeskTop 2.0 and Harlekin won't work
together?  I just bought DC-Desk 2.0 but when Harlekin is installed the
computer locks up while booting.  If I remove Harlekin everything works OK.

 Lars-Erik  /  ABK-BBS +47 2132659  /   ____ ______ ________________________
  Osterud  /  larserio@ifi.uio.no  /   /___    /            The norwegian ST
__________/ ______________________/   ____/   /   Klubben,  user association

teexand@ioe.lon.ac.uk (Andrew Dawson) (01/17/91)

In <CMM.0.88.663968263.larserio@kvart.ifi.uio.no> larserio@IFI.UIO.NO (LarsErikOsterud) writes:

>Anyone out there who knows why Dc-DeskTop 2.0 and Harlekin won't work
>together?  I just bought DC-Desk 2.0 but when Harlekin is installed the
>computer locks up while booting.  If I remove Harlekin everything works OK.

I'm not sure about Harlekin, but I've found various auto folder programs and
desk accessories seem to conflict with DC Desktop. I haven't quite tracked down
the combinations yet but the symptom is essentially that the Desktop appears,
but the mouse pointer doesn't move when you move the mouse, or sometimes it
moves in a jerky fashion. Is this what you mean by "locks up"? Arbitrarily
removing (or adding!) programs to the auto folder may fix the problem (as
though some program had a page boundary problem or something?)

--
Andrew Dawson, Computer Centre, University College London, Gower Street,
London WC1E 6BT, England.