[comp.sys.atari.st] Hypercard for ST

HOPPET@tubvm.cs.tu-berlin.de (Thomas Hoppe) (12/23/90)

I am looking around for an implementation of a HYPERCARD-like system
for my ST. Does anyone out there know whether such a system exists
for ATARI ST? And if so, whether it is PD or shareware, resp. where
I can get it.

Thanx in advance, Thomas Hoppe

dlk0ms9s@umiami.ir.miami.edu (Mark Santora) (01/16/91)

In article <90357.154300HOPPET@DB0TUI11.BITNET>, HOPPET@tubvm.cs.tu-berlin.de (Thomas Hoppe) writes:
> I am looking around for an implementation of a HYPERCARD-like system
> for my ST. Does anyone out there know whether such a system exists
> for ATARI ST? And if so, whether it is PD or shareware, resp. where
> I can get it.
>
> Thanx in advance, Thomas Hoppe

  A while back I heard of a program called ZOOMRACKS II.  But I also heard the
company went out of buisness.  If you are lucky you might be able to get a
copy cheap through mail order.  Hope this helps!

  -Mark Santora
   Dlk0MS9S@Umiami.edu

seitz@netcom.UUCP (Matthew Seitz) (01/17/91)

In article <1991Jan15.225654.7605@umiami.ir.miami.edu> dlk0ms9s@umiami.ir.miami.edu (Mark Santora) writes:
>In article <90357.154300HOPPET@DB0TUI11.BITNET>, HOPPET@tubvm.cs.tu-berlin.de (Thomas Hoppe) writes:
>> I am looking around for an implementation of a HYPERCARD-like system
>> for my ST. Does anyone out there know whether such a system exists
>> for ATARI ST? And if so, whether it is PD or shareware, resp. where
>> I can get it.
>>
>> Thanx in advance, Thomas Hoppe
>
>  A while back I heard of a program called ZOOMRACKS II.  But I also heard the
>company went out of buisness.  If you are lucky you might be able to get a
>copy cheap through mail order.  Hope this helps!
>
>  -Mark Santora
>   Dlk0MS9S@Umiami.edu

I would not call ZOOMRACKS II "HYPERCARD-like".  It is a database system that uses some hypertext and stack concepts.  However, it is nowhere near as flexible
as HYPERCARD.  It is really designes just for hypertext and database use.
It's macro language is nowhere near as sophisticated as Hyperscript.  It is
text only, no graphics, no GEM.

--
					Matthew Seitz
					seitz@netcom.UUCP

rcd@cbnewsj.att.com (rana.c.dutt) (01/17/91)

JMG Software's HyperLINK product appears to be the closest thing
to Hypercard for the ST. The following is excerpted from STart
magazine, Dec. 1990.

"This Hypertext-like product combines graphics, sound and data
 manipulation. HyperLINK goes farther than frame or card-based
 metaphors by allowing more direct interaction between different
 HyperLINK applications; most of these applications can be generated
 quickly and easily via HyperLINK's Builder function.

	JMG Software
	801 Mohawk Rd. W.
	Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L9C 6C2
	(416) 575-3200"

I have no affiliation with JMG Software, nor have I ever seen this
product, but I'd like to hear more about it.

Rana Dutt
rcd@mtqua.att.com

art@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Art Mulder) (01/19/91)

In article <1991Jan17.155900.15987@cbnewsj.att.com> rcd@cbnewsj.att.com (rana.c.dutt) writes:

>JMG Software's HyperLINK product ...
[...]
>	JMG Software
>	801 Mohawk Rd. W.
>	Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L9C 6C2
>	(416) 575-3200
[...]
This phone number is correct, however the address is _NO_LONGER_CORRECT_
JMG Software has moved to newer & larger facilities.  This is their
current, correct address:

     JMG Software, 892 Upper James St.  Hamilton,
     Ontario, Canada L9C 3A5
     phone: (416) 575-3200,  If busy: (416) 575-3201

I am in no way affiliated with JMG Software.
--
Art Mulder, McMaster University                  art@maccs.DCSS.mcmaster.ca