[comp.sys.atari.st] TOS Veriosn ???

bdm@sirius.rice.edu (Brian D Moore) (01/19/91)

     Quick question...how do I know which version I have?  I thought it
would be on the ABOUT TOS window, but no. Given the methods of Atari, I assume
the age of the computer is rarely helpful in determining this, but
I bought it in 1988.  Perhaps the default date tells, which is 4/22/87.

rcb@netcom.UUCP (Roy Bixler) (01/19/91)

In article <1991Jan18.164035.10583@rice.edu> bdm@sirius.rice.edu (Brian D Moore) writes:

>     Quick question...how do I know which version I have?  I thought it
>would be on the ABOUT TOS window, but no. Given the methods of Atari, I assume
>the age of the computer is rarely helpful in determining this, but
>I bought it in 1988.  Perhaps the default date tells, which is 4/22/87.

Would that be TOS version 1.2?  Anyway, there is a program called
'tos_vers' under the 'utilities' directory on atari.archive which will
tell which version of TOS you have.  Good point though - if Atari
would tell you the version in the 'About ...' dialog, life would be
simpler!

Roy Bixler
netcom!rcb@apple.com

klute@tommy.informatik.uni-dortmund.de (Rainer Klute) (01/22/91)

Moore) writes:
|>      Quick question...how do I know which version I have?

Quick answer... run the program "tosvers" from volume 9 of the
comp.binaries.atari.st archive at panarthea (and also at
atari.archive.umich.edu).

--
  Dipl.-Inform. Rainer Klute      klute@irb.informatik.uni-dortmund.de
  Univ. Dortmund, IRB             klute@unido.uucp, klute@unido.bitnet