[comp.sys.atari.st] ST on TV!

rlcollins@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Ryan 'Gozar' Collins) (01/22/91)

In article <1991Jan21.192123.23484@rodan.acs.syr.edu>, dinapoli@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Ron DiNapoli) writes:
> While watching CNN's coverage of the Gulf War Saturday Night, I was suprised
> to see a commercial for a dex FAX machine (Fujitsu).  The idea was that
> some musician had to get a manuscript (I think) to somebody else.  They both
> had these fax machines.  The musician was shown next to a computer which was
> an ST.  The monitor was clearly an SM124 and it looks like  the machine was
> either a 520/1040/STe but it was difficult to tell.  Did anyone else see this?

I thought it looked like one of the Mega computers to me. But it was really
cool to see it though!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ryan 'Gozar' Collins ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            o__)\			     rlcollins@miavx1.BITNET
           /     )			      RC1DSANU@miamiu.acs.muohio.edu
          /     /  ____                       R.COLLINS1  (On GEnie)
         /(____/__(_) o)_/
                      /)			[ || ]   Atari Computers,
      "There is no Substitute."                 [ || ]    They're not just
 Vs lbh pna ernq guvf, lbh'er geniryvat        // || \\   for breakfast
            gbb pybfr!                        //  ||  \\  anymore
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Yea, right, thats what I said.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

lunnon@qut.edu.au (01/23/91)

In article <1991Jan21.192123.23484@rodan.acs.syr.edu>, dinapoli@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Ron DiNapoli) writes:
> While watching CNN's coverage of the Gulf War Saturday Night, I was suprised
> to see a commercial for a dex FAX machine (Fujitsu).  The idea was that
> some musician had to get a manuscript (I think) to somebody else.  They both
> had these fax machines.

	Presonally I think it would have made sense just to send the score
data file by modem. The ST in the managers office would be cheaper than
the fax !!!!

	No marks for common sense. Who need fax when you have email !

  The musician was shown next to a computer which was
> an ST.  The monitor was clearly an SM124 and it looks like  the machine was
> either a 520/1040/STe but it was difficult to tell.  Did anyone else see this?
>
> Ron D.

	BOB
	R.Lunnon@qut.edu.au