[comp.sys.atari.st] HELP

XBR4DB26@DDATHD21.BITNET (12/14/87)

SEND HELP

dle@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Duy Le) (12/28/87)

Hi, I want to create a folder with autocopy but don't know how.  Would
someone please tell me how to?  Thanks

Duy

OFA7@DS0RUS1I.BITNET (Joachim Schmitz) (05/16/88)

Please send some information on
  - how to use this node
  - how to reach it (not via BITNET - other ways)
  - how to get information from You
best regards
         Joachim

WT123713@WVNVMS.BITNET (Tim Phillips) (05/17/88)

Hi!!

   This is the owner of this account, which had borrowed to sign up for this
newsletter.  Les has gone home for the summer, and if you would inform me as
to how to sign off your newsletter, I will.   I no longer wish to receive
these files, and as soon as I can, I will sign off.

  Thanks!!!!

   Tim

steckelbruck@col01.DEC.COM (07/07/88)

help
info

STOOP@HGRRUG51.BITNET (10/25/88)

PC7
guest
help

john@cooper.cooper.EDU (John Barkaus) (12/13/88)

Hi,

	I would like to be able to create graphics routines that write
directly to screen memory.  I first tried it in GFA Basic using the
following:
		long{ xbios(2)+offset}=&h12345678

I have been able to get every pixel to go on but I don't know how to
control the color used.  Does anyone know what has to be done to set
the color of a pixel by writing to screen memory. I'd like to be able
to do this in either C or GFA Basic.
The GFA book (or maybe it was the Mark Williams C book) says that it
is possible to write to physical screen memory or logical screen memory.

	Can anyone recommend books for the Atari ST dealing with:
	Assembly Language
	Internals
	VDI / AES / TOS

	Thanks in advance.

				John

         John M. Barkaus at the Cooper Union, NY, NY.
           INTERNET: john%cooper.cooper.edu@cmcl2.nyu.edu
                   UUCP: cmcl2!cooper!john

Robert_Bob_Mulholland@cup.portal.com (12/16/88)

I can't really help you with your first problem dealing with poking screen
memory directly with the right colors but I can help with getting advice on
good Atari ST books on the subjects you listed.

Assembly Language: Programming the 68000 by Steve Williams (Sybex Inc.)
                   Compute!'s Atari ST Machine Language Programming Guide

Internals: ST Internals (Abacus)
           The Concise Atari ST 68000 Programmer's Reference Guide (Glentop)

VDI / AES / TOS: Compute!'s Technical Reference Guide, Volume I: VDI
                 Compute!'s Technical Reference Guide, Volume II: AES
                 GEM Programmer's Guide (Abacus)

I have all of these books in my ST library but some of them do contain some
typos. The most accurate books are those produced by Compute!.

wdcl8@ELECENG.BRADFORD.AC.UK (W.D.C. Logan) (02/28/89)

> help

	Help on what?

			Lewis.

--

KRUEGERM@GRIN1.BITNET ("Mike Krueger ", Krueger,Michael J) (05/10/89)

HELP

yoon@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Tony Jihyun Yoon) (07/19/89)

I need help!!

First, I'd like to upgrade my 520ST to 1Meg.
If you have any instruction, would you send it to me?

Also I heard that someone is using Sony's tv/monitor as a color monitor.
If this is possible, what's the model number and what kind of vedio inputs
does it have? (RGB or composite??) And how do I get the necessary cable?

Tony J. Yoon
yoon@cory.berkeley.EDU

dscheidt@van-bc.UUCP (Daniel Scheidt) (08/04/89)

I have a couple of problems that surely others must have solved and so I
seek help from those with more experience than myself...

	1. Reset proof ramdisks are nice, but sometimes I would
           like them to go away without having to power down.  I
           want to be able to boot from one disk and have a reset-proof
           ramdisk and then boot from another disk and have it be gone.
           Completely gone.  Without having to sit at the terminal holding
           down some weird combination of keys.  I have tried several
           ramdisks, some which claim to have this ability by using a
           ramdisk.dat file (contining Q) but they have never worked for me.

	2. Gulam is wonderful, but...  In the version I am using
           1.00.00.02 110287,
                            cat file.a file.b > file.c
           doesn't work.  I have tried version 1.03.04.05, and the cat
           bug has been fixed, but now I can't get the delete key to
           work as it should.  Using:
                             kb -r 07f 1d
                             kb -g 07f 1d
                             kb -m 07f 1d
           works fine in the older version but not in the newer.

Can anyone offer solutions to these problems?  (Yet another ramdisk,
or perhaps the latest version of Gulam?)

Thanks.

 -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -
 -   Daniel Scheidt                                 Computed Music Systems   -
 -                                                     545 Evergreen Place   -
 -   djs@scheidt.wimsey.bc.ca                          North Vancouver, BC   -
 -   ...!uunet!ubc-cs!van-bc!scheidt!djs                   Canada  V7N 2Z1   -
 -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -

kar7481@cuphub.cup.edu (HI HO-HI HO - IS UNIX THAT GREAT? YOU KNOW?) (09/11/89)

Is there anyone else out there on USENET with an ST???????
Lemme know!!!!!!!!!!!
Please!!!!!!!

GOAL: Introduce ST's to the collegiate environment via Spectre-GCR Mac Emultr.

-Dan/kar7481@pitt!cuphub

dnewton@carroll1.UUCP (Dave Newton) (09/13/89)

In article <872@cuphub.cup.edu> kar7481@cuphub.cup.edu (HI HO-HI HO - IS UNIX THAT GREAT? YOU KNOW?) writes:
>Is there anyone else out there on USENET with an ST???????

   No, we just have a newsgroup.  8-)

>GOAL: Introduce ST's to the collegiate environment via Spectre-GCR Mac Emultr.

   I've had direct dealings with Atari on the feasability on this.  The basic
feeling is it's a very good idea, get a STacy w/ GCR for a portable Mac.  The
concern most people have with this idea is the lack of an AppleTalk interface.
this limits it's usefullness to a heavily-networked environment.
   It doesn't diminish the exciting prospects of this idea however.  I spoke
at length with the folks there, they said they hadn't really thought about it.
(Find that hard to believe.)  They are missing out on a great opportunity to
get some of the brightest minds interested in their machines by not offering
mass educational discounts (quantity one) like Apple and IBM (just started
offering quantity one discounts recently I think).

a390@mindlink.UUCP (Rick Carrillo) (09/17/89)

I'm here and I am a happy Atari ST owner....

dnewton@carroll1.cc.EDU (Dave 'Yes, I'm weird' Newton) (10/04/89)

help

mitsolid@acf5.NYU.EDU (Thanasis Mitsolides) (11/26/89)

Hi,

Either ATARI employees or people with technical knowledge could help with this.

There is a problem with the RAM on my 1040ST.
Running the program TESTMEM I get the following error messages:

	Address: 801FE	written: A000	read: A800
	Address: 801FE	written: A001	read: A801

	and so on, where the above bit is always on.

My motherboard type is:

	C070523-001 REV.C
				G-AV-O 2086

and the ram chips are labeled:
	First row: U46 ... U61
	Second   : U32 ... U45 U16 ... U30

Can anybody tell me which RAM chip needs to be replaced?

Thank you very much,

Thanasis

"Has it ever occured to you that God may be a committee?"   R. A. Heinlein

Internet: mitsolid@csd2.nyu.edu	         (mitsolid%csd2.nyu.edu@relay.cs.net)
UUCP    : ...!uunet!cmcl2!csd2!mitsolid

v053qhyx@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Jeremy A Berger) (01/23/91)

Hi,
Being the victim of a hard drive crash, I lost my uniterm program.  I'm
stuck using flash now... Can someone send me, or tell me were to
get the latest version of uniterm?  I've been having problems
Ftp'ing it from terminator I get a RCV IMG File error..I have
a feling my space allotment here is too low to FTP it.. Can
anyone help??? Also Does anyone know what the going price is for
the Spectre GCR? One of my classes requires us to use metcom modula
II on the MAC...  Thanx.. Jeremy

Private mail would be appreciated..