[comp.sys.atari.st] File Utility Desk Accessory Wanted!

tech002@.ucsc.edu (10020002) (01/24/91)

Does anyone out there know of a PD or Shareware desk accessory that will let
me do some disk tasks (file copying, formating, ...)?  I have a few applications
that do not let me do these things very easily and I hate jumping out of a
program because I forgot to copy a file somewhere?  THanks for any
help.

          Roman

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (01/24/91)

Roman writes:

- Does anyone out there know of a PD or Shareware desk accessory that
- will let me do some disk tasks (file copying, formating, ...)?  I
- have a few applications that do not let me do these things very
- easily and I hate jumping out of a program because I forgot to copy
- a file somewhere?  THanks for any help.

There are a couple of PD or Shareware desk accessories that will do
this, notably Disk Manager, X Utilities, and MOBZUTIL.  But, I must
plug Universal Item Selector III.  It will do this and more.  It's
well worth its price.  BRE Software (800-347-6760) sells it for
$10.95. Sav-On Software (800-875-SAVON) has it for $13.  After just a
quick look through ST Informer.

--
         Ed Krimen  ...............................................
   |||   Video Production Major, California State University, Chico
   |||   INTERNET: ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu  FREENET: al661
  / | \  SysOp, Fuji BBS: 916-894-1261        FIDONET: 1:119/4.0

boyd@mailer.cc.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (01/25/91)

In article <11453@darkstar.ucsc.edu>, tech002@.ucsc.edu (10020002) writes:

>Does anyone out there know of a PD or Shareware desk accessory that will let
>me do some disk tasks (file copying, formating, ...)?  I have a few applications
>that do not let me do these things very easily and I hate jumping out of a
>program because I forgot to copy a file somewhere?  THanks for any
>help.
>
>          Roman

The absolute best way to do this is with Universal Item Selector III.  It
replaces the standard GEM file selector with one that allows you to do all
kinds of neat stuff (including that which you need).  It also comes with a
accesory that calls the file selector for you.  This is one of those "must
have" programs!!  It costs about $15 from any mail order place.  Make sure
you get version 3.
--
             Mickey R. Boyd          |  "God is a comedian playing to an
          FSU Computer Science       |      audience too afraid to laugh."