[comp.sys.atari.st] Portfolio Transfer

larserio@IFI.UIO.NO (LarsErikOsterud) (01/05/91)

Does any one have a program to tranfer files to/from Portfolio
using the parallell port on an Atari ST ???

If NOT - Does any one have enough info on the Portfolio paralell transfer
protocol and on the St centronics interface to make such a program ?

 Lars-Erik  /  ABK-BBS +47 2132659  /   ____ ______ ________________________
  Osterud  /  larserio@ifi.uio.no  /   /___    /            The norwegian ST
__________/ ______________________/   ____/   /   Klubben,  user association

wolfram@cip-s06.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Wolfram Roesler) (01/25/91)

larserio@IFI.UIO.NO (LarsErikOsterud) writes:

>Does any one have a program to tranfer files to/from Portfolio
>using the parallell port on an Atari ST ???

>If NOT - Does any one have enough info on the Portfolio paralell transfer
>protocol and on the St centronics interface to make such a program ?

There is a program for parallel communication available in Germany, but I dont
know the name or where to obtain it. Sorry, but keep looking.

There is however a program for serial communication using xmodem. It is very
small (about 2K) but useful program. It can transfer text (thus turning the
portfolio into a serial terminal) and binary files. All you need is a terminal
program on the ST (Uniterm works) and a serial cable.
The program comes from Holland and is part of a book called "Das Portfolio
Praxisbuch" which is available in Germany.

Greetings from another portfolio fan!