[comp.sys.atari.st] The Lost Boys MINDBOMB Demo.

d_alvear@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Dom Alvear) (01/24/91)

I was just wondering if anybody out there had the Lost Boys Mind Bomb
Demo?  If so, why haven't you posted it to atari.archive?  Or better
yet, could somebody tell me where to get it?

Also, I was wondering if there will ever be an index up at
atari.archive that is easy to use and TELLS ME WHAT I'M ABOUT TO
DOWNLOAD?

Finally, are there other anonymous ftp sites that carry good demos
like the ones on atari.archive?  And why are there two files, wowdemo
and rexdemo3, up on atari.archive that are the same thing?

Just ramblin'

Dom Alvear

davidli@simvax.labmed.umn.edu (01/24/91)

In article <7398@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU>, d_alvear@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Dom Alvear) writes:
> I was just wondering if anybody out there had the Lost Boys Mind Bomb
> Demo?  If so, why haven't you posted it to atari.archive?  Or better
> yet, could somebody tell me where to get it?

From what I've been able to discern, the Mind Bomb Demo was released as an
exclusive disk to (I believe) Budgie in England.  It isn't to be sold through
PD libraries, and I don't know if it is posted on any of the archive servers.
Perhaps one of our readers in Great Britain can give you an address and the
cost of the demo.

--

David Paschall-Zimbel		davidli@simvax.labmed.umn.edu

boyd@mailer.cc.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (01/25/91)

In article <7398@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU>, d_alvear@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Dom Alvear) writes:
>Also, I was wondering if there will ever be an index up at
>atari.archive that is easy to use and TELLS ME WHAT I'M ABOUT TO
>DOWNLOAD?
>
>Dom Alvear

Yikes!  Be cool, these guys do us a great service just from the kindness of
their hearts!  I find that the easiest thing to do is to check the newitems
section every couple of days (you could even cron this to work automatically).
I suggested a REVIEW folder a couple of months ago, where people could put
small text files outlining what a program does and how well it does it.  I
sheepishly admit that I never got on the ball and sent any reviews, but the
atari.archive folks said they could do it.  I will send some review files
in the next couple of days, ending in ".review".  Please, if you are using
a program from atari.archive and you like it, do the same.  Since most of
the stuff comes with doc files, I guess just a short description of the
program's function, any errors or bugs encountered, and perhaps the names
of other programs that do it better/worse would be sufficient.

--
             Mickey R. Boyd          |  "God is a comedian playing to an
          FSU Computer Science       |      audience too afraid to laugh."

comeau@crc.skl.dnd.ca (Phil Comeau) (01/25/91)

In article <1991Jan24.132940.1@simvax.labmed.umn.edu> davidli@simvax.labmed.umn.edu writes:

>From what I've been able to discern, the Mind Bomb Demo was released as an
>exclusive disk to (I believe) Budgie in England.  It isn't to be sold through
>PD libraries, and I don't know if it is posted on any of the archive servers.
>Perhaps one of our readers in Great Britain can give you an address and the
>cost of the demo.
>David Paschall-Zimbel		davidli@simvax.labmed.umn.edu

Budgie disks can be ordered in North America from:
    ST-Plug
    3559 Trappers Rd.
    Gloucester, Ontario
    Canada