[comp.sys.atari.st] CodeKeys ????

adm2@doc.ic.ac.uk (Alan David Messer) (01/21/91)

Hi netter,

	I have just read an article about a program called CodeKeys.And must
say it sounds very powerful.Does it allow you to record GEM events or just
keys ??? And also who distributes it ??? And how much is it ???

        I would very much appreciate any information about what the program
does or where I can get it.

			Thanks in advance,

				Alan

ramsiri@blake.u.washington.edu (Enartloc Nhoj) (01/22/91)

In article <2760@gould.doc.ic.ac.uk> adm2@doc.ic.ac.uk (Alan David Messer) writes:

>	I have just read an article about a program called CodeKeys.And must
>say it sounds very powerful.Does it allow you to record GEM events or just
>keys ??? And also who distributes it ??? And how much is it ???
>
>        I would very much appreciate any information about what the program
>does or where I can get it.
>				Alan

I am waiting for mine to show up in the mail anyday.  I understand
CODEKEYS can record any event.  128 events per macro.. 32 macros..
that may be linked.  Global and local.  I ordered it from Joppa
... written by the wizards at CODEHEAD.

ramsiri@blake.acs.washington.edu
kevin

geoffc@zebedee.uucp (Geoffrey Coan) (01/25/91)

In article <14859@milton.u.washington.edu> ramsiri@blake.u.washington.edu
(Enartloc Nhoj) writes:
> In article <2760@gould.doc.ic.ac.uk> adm2@doc.ic.ac.uk (Alan David Messer) writes:
> >	I have just read an article about a program called CodeKeys.And must
> >say it sounds very powerful.Does it allow you to record GEM events or just
> >keys ??? And also who distributes it ??? And how much is it ???
>
> I am waiting for mine to show up in the mail anyday.  I understand
> CODEKEYS can record any event.  128 events per macro.. 32 macros..
> that may be linked.  Global and local.  I ordered it from Joppa
> ... written by the wizards at CODEHEAD.
>
> ramsiri@blake.acs.washington.edu
> kevin

From this description it sounds very similar to the Macro facility within
Neodesk 3 - is it, or is it better ?

Geoffrey
are you ready to SKYDIVE ??                                       Geoffrey Coan
well all right then, if you say so ...        ..!ukc!axion!tharr!zebedee!geoffc

<- UUCP'd from my ST via tharr; *free* UK public access to Usenet 0234 261804 ->

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (01/29/91)

geoffc@zebedee.uucp (Geoffrey Coan) writes:

- > I am waiting for mine to show up in the mail anyday.  I understand
- > CODEKEYS can record any event.  128 events per macro.. 32 macros..
- > that may be linked.  Global and local.  I ordered it from Joppa
- > ... written by the wizards at CODEHEAD.
- >
- > ramsiri@blake.acs.washington.edu
- > kevin
- >
-
- From this description it sounds very similar to the Macro facility
- within Neodesk 3 - is it, or is it better ?

I would say, without hesitation, that Codekeys is a much better macro
facility than NeoDesk 3's.  Actually, NeoDesk's macros are quite
lame, if you ask me.  (The rest of the program is great though!!)  If
you want real macro capability, get Codekeys.  Codekeys lets you
create macros for any application -- now that I think about it, how
does it work with TOS programs, where there's no DA menu? -- whereas
NeoDesk's macros are just for NeoDesk and even then it's limited; the
macros pause or cease operating or stop or whatever you want to call
it when they encounter dialog boxes asking for mouse input or for .TTP
program input.

But don't buy NeoDesk because of its macro utility.  Buy it because
it's a great replacement desktop.  If you want macros, get Codekeys.

--
   |||   Video Production Major, California State University, Chico
   |||   INTERNET: ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu  FREENET: al661
  / | \  SysOp, Fuji BBS: 916-894-1261        FIDONET: 1:119/4.0