[comp.sys.atari.st] SST

cse0071@uoft02.utoledo.edu (01/28/91)

	I was curious if anyone has heard anything about the Gadgets by Small
accelerator board beyond what was in the recent ST INFORMER ??  Specifically,
the article hinted that you could put a 50Mhz 68030 on the board but never
actually said anything beyond 32Mhz, just curious for possible future
expansions of my Mega 2.
					John Stacy
					CSE0071
					University of Toledo(UofT02.edu)

sytang@lamar.ColoState.EDU (Shoou-yu tang) (01/29/91)

In article <1991Jan27.223703.2744@uoft02.utoledo.edu> cse0071@uoft02.utoledo.edu writes:

>	I was curious if anyone has heard anything about the Gadgets by Small
>accelerator board beyond what was in the recent ST INFORMER ??  Specifically,
>the article hinted that you could put a 50Mhz 68030 on the board but never
>actually said anything beyond 32Mhz, just curious for possible future
>expansions of my Mega 2.
>					John Stacy
>					CSE0071
>					University of Toledo(UofT02.edu)

 Yes, if you are Spectre registered user, you should have received the newsletter from Gadgets.
There is a very detailed description in it. In case you do not have it.
What Mr. Small has said is they have tested with 33Mhz but they have not
put 50 Mhz 030 on it yet( as the newsletter written, they might have done it now
? may be not yet.) Also Mr. Small has posted a few reply last week in this group
about the SST. With 33Mhz 030 it's faster (or at least as fast as) the Mac IIci,
only the IIfx is faster than it in the Mac family.
 Well, maybe Mr. Small himself can give more detail on 50Mhz 030 test.

 Tang
 sytang@lamar.colostate.edu