[comp.sys.atari.st] Macros in Neodesk

depeche@cs.mcgill.ca (Acme Instant Dehydrated Boulder Kit) (01/30/91)

In article <4074228@zebedee.uucp> geoffc.zebedee@tharr.uucp writes:
>In article <14859@milton.u.washington.edu> ramsiri@blake.u.washington.edu
>(Enartloc Nhoj) writes:

>> I am waiting for mine to show up in the mail anyday.  I understand
>> CODEKEYS can record any event.  128 events per macro.. 32 macros..
>> that may be linked.  Global and local.  I ordered it from Joppa
>> ... written by the wizards at CODEHEAD.

>From this description it sounds very similar to the Macro facility within
>Neodesk 3 - is it, or is it better ?

I have been using Neodesk 3 for quite some time now, but I have one
complaint about it:
The Macro Facility is very badly documented, and I can't get it to do
what I want....

All I need is a macro which runs the first accessory on the desktop.
I go through the motions, save the macro, and then try to run it.
I see a little M on the upper corner of my screen, and nothing happens.

has anyone managed to get it to do something like this?

--
|S. Alan Ezust        McGill University SoCS        depeche@cs.mcgill.ca    |
| "Lick the carpet, dust the dog, mow the windows, shine the socks....      |