[comp.sys.atari.st] TeX'ing gulam.tex

4203_5132@uwovax.uwo.ca (01/29/91)

  How do I LaTeX (or TeX to be more accurate), the file gulam.tex that
you get with the distribution archive?  When I type

		% tex gulam.tex

  On our Mips 2000, it says that it can't find 'texinfo.tex', the first
line of the file is an \include statement for that file.  I would
imagine that system paths are set up properly, so am I missing a file
or what?  Help please.

--
Andrew Semple --- 4th year Applied Math/Computer Science
			University of Western Ontario

		semple@uwovax.uwo.ca  /  4203_5132@uwovax.uwo.ca

fischer-michael@cs.yale.edu (Michael Fischer) (02/01/91)

In article <1991Jan28.194542.8428@uwovax.uwo.ca> 4203_5132@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:

>  How do I LaTeX (or TeX to be more accurate), the file gulam.tex that
>you get with the distribution archive?  When I type
>
>		% tex gulam.tex
>
>  On our Mips 2000, it says that it can't find 'texinfo.tex', the first
>line of the file is an \include statement for that file.  I would
>imagine that system paths are set up properly, so am I missing a file
>or what?  Help please.

texinfo.tex is a macro package that is used (and distributed) with the
Gnu software documentation.  If you have emacs sources, it's probably
alredy sitting on your machine.  If not, you should be able to ftp it
from prep.ai.mit.edu.  It's also at atari.archive.umich.edu in
gnustuff/tos/Doc.

| Michael Fischer <fischer-michael@cs.yale.edu>  |

bammi@acae127.cadence.com (Jwahar R. Bammi) (02/02/91)

In article <28452@cs.yale.edu> fischer-michael@cs.yale.edu (Michael Fischer) writes:
> texinfo.tex is a macro package that is used (and distributed) with the
> Gnu software documentation.  If you have emacs sources, it's probably

please note that gulam.tex cannot be run with the vanilla texinfo.tex
file from FSF. we had but a few hacks in there. So please use the
texinfo.tex that was distributed with gulam in comp.binaries.atari.st.
There seem to be a few archive that dont have the complete
distribution. I'll be glad to mail out the missing file to maintainers
of those archives.

cheers,
--
bang:   uunet!cadence!bammi			jwahar r. bammi
domain: bammi@cadence.com