[comp.sys.atari.st] Drive speed problem

kuento@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (02/04/91)

In article <120@unix.UUCP>, paulm@unix.UUCP (Owner and User) writes:
> In article <28139.279f5dcc@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu>, kuento@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
> [...]
>    I ounce had the same problem exactly.  It turned out to be that my drive
>    according to speed.prg ( was that it?), said that it was turning at 308
>    RPM.  I opened the case, twiddled a bit with the speed program running,
>    found the SPEED POT, and turned it down to between 298 and 300.  Now it's
>    flawless.
>    Hope it's the same for you,  Later.
>
>    Paul Moreau
> ----
> UUNET:  ..!ccicpg!unix!paulm

I hate to have to post this publicly, but I've been trying for *days*
to find some permutation of your e-mail address that would work, and I
keep coming up dry. You're the *only* person so far who has claimed to
have this same problem *and* been able to fix it themselves. What is
this software you used? Is it available in the public domain anywhere?
What exactly is the SPEED POT? I'm desperate for any more information
you can give me about this...PLEASE respond!
-------(please include "DY" in subj header of mail to this user)--------
Doug "Speaker-To-Insects" Yanega      "UT!"       Bitnet: KUENTO@UKANVAX
My card: 0 The Fool       (Snow Museum, Univ. of KS, Lawrence, KS 66045)
"Bobby, jiggle Grandpa's rat so it looks alive."   "Roota! Voota! ZOOT!"