[comp.sys.atari.st] Treeview for GEM ?

mike@abekrd.UUCP (Mike Quinn) (01/23/91)

At a recent exhibition, I saw a TT (beautiful) running Gemini 1.2 (the share-
ware version). Under this was an accessory called Treeview which gave a
graphical view of your disk with a tree type layout. I asked about it on
the stand and they said that it was part of the Gemini 1.2 distribution and
that it required Gemini to work.

What I would like to know is: Does Treeview _really_ need Gemini to work, or
will it run under GEM? Is Treeview available from somewhere else? Is it
shareware too? It was real neat to be able to find the directory you've been
looking for, quickly and easily.

Looks like today is a "Why, mommy... why??" day ;-) (3rd post asking questions)

--
Mike Quinn.			net:  mike@abekrd.co.uk
Abekas Video Systems Ltd.	UUCP: ...!uunet!mcsun!ukc!pyrltd!abekrd!mike

wieners@quando.quantum.de (Volkmar Wieners) (02/05/91)

In article <1656@abekrd.UUCP> mike@abekrd.UUCP (Mike Quinn) writes:

>What I would like to know is: Does Treeview _really_ need Gemini to work, or
>will it run under GEM? Is Treeview available from somewhere else? Is it
>shareware too? It was real neat to be able to find the directory you've been
>looking for, quickly and easily.

No, Treeview works on every ST and don't need Gemini. *But* if it found Gemini
1.2 (which have a nice build in ACC-protocol, samples are included in the
original Gemini-distribution), it can do some more nice things like open
Gemini-windows by double-clicking an folder and something like that.
I know people who only use Treeview (inside Gemini) to walk across their
folder and do all the file handling.

Treeview is freeware. The author likes to have a picture-card from every
user who use it frequently and enjoy it. You will find Treeview or the
original Gemini 1.2 packet. I think, the english documentation will be
ready soon and the packet will send in the binary group or avaible on an
archive site. You can also contact the author of Treeview (not Gemini!),
if you send him some bucks, maybe he will send you a disk:

Stephan Gerle
Ruthstr. 8
W-4600 Dortmund 1
West Germany

cu,
			Volkmar

--
 Volkmar Wieners    Uucp:    ...uunet!unido!quando!wieners
   Dortmund         Eunet:   wieners@quando.quantum.de