[comp.sys.atari.st] Redirection of Printer

goo@hpindda.cup.hp.com (Michael Goo) (02/05/91)

>grillo@olivey.ATC.Olivetti.Com (Savino Grillo:    writes...

>Does anyone know if a program that can redirect the print-data in a file?
>This could be very useful for people (like me) that have not a printer at
>home but have one at office!

I, too, am interested in this.  I remember hearing about a program called
barrel (or something like that) that was just the ticket.  I looked over the
indexes at panarthea and atari.archive and didn't see anything that looked
right.  Can someone direct us to where we can get this program.  Thanks.

Your pal,
  Mike Goo

bobw@hpsad.HP.COM (Bob Waltenspiel) (02/06/91)

In comp.sys.atari.st, goo@hpindda.cup.hp.com (Michael Goo) writes:

>>grillo@olivey.ATC.Olivetti.Com (Savino Grillo:    writes...

>>Does anyone know if a program that can redirect the print-data in a file?
>>This could be very useful for people (like me) that have not a printer at
>>home but have one at office!

>I, too, am interested in this.  I remember hearing about a program called
>barrel (or something like that) that was just the ticket.  I looked over the
>indexes at panarthea and atari.archive and didn't see anything that looked
>right.  Can someone direct us to where we can get this program.  Thanks.

Look for atari/utilities/barrel.arc

>Your pal,
>  Mike Goo

sure, pal ;)
-Bob

ljdickey@watmath.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) (02/10/91)

In article <40250010@hpindda.cup.hp.com> goo@hpindda.cup.hp.com (Michael Goo) writes:
>>grillo@olivey.ATC.Olivetti.Com (Savino Grillo:    writes...
>
>>Does anyone know if a program that can redirect the print-data in a file?
>
>I, too, am interested in this.  I remember hearing about a program called
>barrel (or something like that) that was just the ticket.  I looked over the
>indexes at panarthea and atari.archive and didn't see anything that looked
>right.  Can someone direct us to where we can get this program.  Thanks.

I found this in my copy of the "index" file from atari.archives.

utilities:
-rw-rw-r--  1 jon         10978 Apr 11  1989 barrel.arc

I think it is what you want.