[comp.sys.atari.st] looking for mac 128k roms

stephen@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (Steve Whitney) (01/03/91)

Hello, all!  I finally have the money to purchase a Macintosh emulator,
but I've been having difficulty finding the required 128k ROMs.  If
you have a set to sell or know where I might find some, please let
me know.  The price is negotiable.

	Steve Whitney
	stephen@cs.ucla.edu
	(213) 839-7062

--
Steve Whitney   "It's never _really_ the last minute"       (())_-_(())
UCLA Comp. Sci. Grad. Student                                | (* *) |

In article <1991Jan3.044232.16947@cs.ucla.edu> stephen@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (Steve Whitney) writes:
>Hello, all!  I finally have the money to purchase a Macintosh emulator,
>but I've been having difficulty finding the required 128k ROMs.  If
>you have a set to sell or know where I might find some, please let

It's strange replying to my own message, but I found someone who will
sell me a set he no longer needs.  Thanks!

	--Steve
--
Steve Whitney   "It's never _really_ the last minute"       (())_-_(())
UCLA Comp. Sci. Grad. Student                                | (* *) |
Internet: stephen@cs.ucla.edu              UCLA Bruin-->    {  \_@_/  }
GEnie:    S.WHITNEY        (To Cal: We still have the axe!)   `-----'

Yonderboy@cup.portal.com (Christopher Lee Russell) (01/06/91)

Kinda on this subject, is the new Spectre out yet?  Version 3.0?

                    ...........yonder@cup.portal.com

stmwang@hubcap.clemson.edu (Sam Wang) (01/07/91)

From article <37622@cup.portal.com>, by Yonderboy@cup.portal.com (Christopher Lee Russell):
> Kinda on this subject, is the new Spectre out yet?  Version 3.0?
>
>                     ...........yonder@cup.portal.com

Yes it is! I just got the announcement about the update in the mail
last week. The NewsLetter said it was ready to ship in mid-December.
The upgrade from 2.65 is $20. They won't be answering phones before
the 14th though, due to inventory, but they do encourage FAXing or
mailing in your order.

So if you haven't received the newsletter, send in your registration!

--
Sam Wang  Visual Arts  Clemson University  stmwang@hubcap.clemson.edu

ritchie@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com (David Ritchie) (01/07/91)

>Kinda on this subject, is the new Spectre out yet?  Version 3.0?
>
>                    ...........yonder@cup.portal.com

  Yes. Received the announcement newsletter yesterday -- they say 2-3 week
delivery.

  Also contained an announcement concerning a 68030 upgrade card that replaces
your 68000. Can't remember the details, so I won't try and post them.

-- Dave Ritchie
ritchie@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com

carter@cat27.cs.wisc.edu (Gregory Carter) (02/09/91)

I don't have a number for you, but, holy cow, what an ordeal to find those
little buggers!

Shreve Systems has the license, the right to sell them, at least the
supply they have, at a very good price of $265.  If you buy them from these
guys you can be assured the FBI won't knocking at your door the next day.

I bought the last of two sets a week ago.  Anywhere else may sell them lower
but I wouldn't give them my money cause they probably don't have them.
(AND they won't be getting any either!)

Oh yeah, one place is selling them for $500 can you believe it?

This could be the END of Mr. Small's company.  He is going to have to shift
his market niche otherwise he ain't going to make it.  (ie SST BOARD).

Apple is on a vengance hunt for all those people who bought those bogus
Denis Hayes ROMS..mostly ST users.  Therefore, NO MORE ROMS.

--Gregory

doser@vxcrna (DOSER,M./EP) (02/09/91)

Before buying a Spectre GCR, I think it might be wise to try to find some
Mac 128k roms first. If anybody is selling a set, or knows a dealer who
is selling them, please drop me a note along with price.
       Thanks in advance, michael
(doser@cernvm on bitnet, vxcrna::doser on decnet)

s37837k@saha.hut.fi (Jari Lehto) (02/10/91)

In article <14028@lanl.gov> doser@vxcrna writes:
>Before buying a Spectre GCR, I think it might be wise to try to find some
>Mac 128k roms first. If anybody is selling a set, or knows a dealer who
>is selling them, please drop me a note along with price.
>       Thanks in advance, michael
>(doser@cernvm on bitnet, vxcrna::doser on decnet)

The situation with Mac ROMs is getting wery bad. They are almost impossible
to get from US. I know a firm in Germany, called Fearn & Music. They may
have those for sale separately also, as they advertise Spectre GCR with ROMs
for something about 1000,- DM. I don't have their number or address handy
now, but it should be easy to find from almost any German computer-oriented
magazine, at least STmagazin.

			Jartsu

	*** Jari Lehto, jartsu@otax.hut.fi, s37837k@saha.hut.fi ***