[comp.sys.atari.st] Sozobon C manuals

jhm@snitor.uucp (John H. McMullen) (02/08/91)

In <27AF8150.12058@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca> johns@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca
(Conan the Barbarian) writes:

>	By the way, this stuff is written up in the documentation.  I
>recommend you do what I did:  print the manual, maybe with a DTP program
>like TimeWorks, and staple it together.  It impresses people what you
>show them the manual, and then say, "It's public domain."

>	Have fun.
>--
>John Schmitt
>johns@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca
>...!unet!utai!utgpu!maccs!johns

I did this.

I printed the documentation off and then discovered that my desk is
*far* too crowded for an open 9 X 12 binder, so I used Pagestream to
produce pasteups for a 5.5 X 8.5 manual and cerlox-bound them:  One for
Sozobon C, one for dLibs.  (Haven't gotten around to doing the Gemfast
documentation or the floating point library yet.) It's quite nice.
It cost me about $15.00 to have it copied and bound (access to a
Postscript printer kept the cost down considerably).

I still have my paste-up boards around.  If anyone wants a copy, let
me know and I'll print some more up, as many as the demand justifies.
The cost would be production and postage and probably another couple
of dollars so I can justify the time.  The actual dollar figure would
depend on the volume.

(Aside: According to Johann Ruegg, there's a company in England which
has printed the Sozobon documentation and sells it (with the compiler)
for 20 pounds.  I don't know anything more about it, and I got the
impression that he doesn't, either.)

John McMullen

(P.S. It just occurs to me that this sounds, uh, commercial.
If the net.gods-that-be object, or if you feel this is an improper usage
of this newsgroup, let me know, please; I have inadvertantly offended
before, and I don't like the feeling.)

John McMullen

At work, I'm:                        At home, I'm:
jhm@snitor.UUCP     or               jhmcmullen@watyew.waterloo.edu
Siemens Nixdorf Information Systems  John McMullen
2235 Sheppard Ave. E.                151 Beresford Ave.
Willowdale, Ontario                  Toronto, Ontario
Canada      M2J 5B5                  Canada   M6S 3B2
416-496-8510                         416-604-0310

gjh@hplb.hpl.hp.com (Graham Higgins) (02/11/91)

++   (Aside: According to Johann Ruegg, there's a company in England which
++   has printed the Sozobon documentation and sells it (with the compiler)
++   for 20 pounds.  I don't know anything more about it, and I got the
++   impression that he doesn't, either.)

Sounds like one of the better-organised PD Clubs, perhaps even ST-Club. I can
get more info if anyone's interested.

Graham
======

Graham Higgins             	|  Phone: (0272) 799910 x 24060
Hewlett-Packard Labs    	|  gjh%ghiggins@hpl.hp.co.uk
Bristol                       	|  gjh%ghiggins@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Disclaimer: My opinions above are exactly that, mine and opinions.