[comp.sys.atari.st] Amiga's are far superior...

jvl@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (J. van Loenen) (02/06/91)

glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matt Crowd) writes:
>Try doing 1280x512x2 on an ST with NO extra hardware, it's not possible,
>it is on an amiga.
>The Amiga's graphics are far superior to the ST for speed and it's a well
>known fact.
>One look at Gem on an IBM turned me off the ST for life.
>ps. How about multi-tasking on an ST ?? Impossible.

Ok, here we go:
Amiga's graphics are far superior to the ST.
Amiga's sound are far superior to the ST.
Amiga's add-ons are far superior to the ST.
Amiga's OS is far superior to the ST.
Amiga's GUI is far superior to the ST.
Amiga's software is far superior to the ST.
etc. etc.
Deep in his heart, every ST owner feels pity not having bought an Amiga.

You're lucky now?
Ok, then turn away from this Newsgroup, stare at your -far superior- Amiga
screen, get an headache and shutdown.

# DISCLAIMER:Unless otherwise stated, the above comments are entirely my own  #
#                                                                             #
#  Jan van Loenen                         Internet   jvl@idca.tds.philips.nl  #
#  Philips Information Systems            UUCP       ....!mcvax!philapd!jvl   #

CXW148@psuvm.psu.edu (02/07/91)

Both the Amiga and the Atari ST are far superior to any IBM PC or Mac, and
the only people who should be called idiots are the people who buy these
machines.
        Chris Winward, userid CXW148 on PSUVM

Disclaimer: These opinions are my own, but probably reflect those of any
            knowledgeable computer user.

glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matt Crowd) (02/07/91)

In article <91037.183353CXW148@psuvm.psu.edu> CXW148@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>Both the Amiga and the Atari ST are far superior to any IBM PC or Mac, and
>the only people who should be called idiots are the people who buy these
>machines.
>        Chris Winward, userid CXW148 on PSUVM

I wouldn't go so far as to say that the ST is better than the Mac, or
even a 486 ibm for that respect....

matt crowd.

carter@cat27.cs.wisc.edu (Gregory Carter) (02/07/91)

Writes:

Both the Amiga and the Atari ST are far superior to any IBM PC or Mac, and
the only people who should be called idiots are the people who buy these
machines.

I would agree except that MAC's system software is superior to anything
except perhaps MACH on the NeXT machine.

--Gregory :)

neil@cs.hw.ac.uk (Neil Forsyth) (02/07/91)

In article <91037.183353CXW148@psuvm.psu.edu> CXW148@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
#Both the Amiga and the Atari ST are far superior to any IBM PC or Mac, and
#the only people who should be called idiots are the people who buy these
#machines.

And the marketing people at Atari. Agreed?

#        Chris Winward, userid CXW148 on PSUVM
! DISCLAIMER:Unless otherwise stated, the above comments are entirely my own !
!                                                                            !
! Neil Forsyth                      JANET:  neil@uk.ac.hw.cs                 !
! Dept. of Computer Science         ARPA:   neil@cs.hw.ac.uk                 !
! Heriot-Watt University            UUCP:   ..!ukc!cs.hw.ac.uk!neil          !
! Edinburgh, Scotland, UK           "That was never 5 minutes!"              !

s37837k@saha.hut.fi (Jari Lehto) (02/08/91)

In article <91037.183353CXW148@psuvm.psu.edu> CXW148@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>Both the Amiga and the Atari ST are far superior to any IBM PC or Mac, and
>the only people who should be called idiots are the people who buy these
>machines.
>        Chris Winward, userid CXW148 on PSUVM
>
>Disclaimer: These opinions are my own, but probably reflect those of any
>            knowledgeable computer user.

Hey, you seem to be a quite good fellow after all.

I think the order is: TT > ST > Mac > Amiga > ..... > IBM PC...

Sorry about the nasty flaming in my previous posting...
I just get carried out when I see the word Amiga in this newsgroup...

			Jartsu

Which machine you use????  (many may wonder this)

	*** Jari Lehto, jartsu@otax.hut.fi, s37837k@saha.hut.fi ***

rjc@geech.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell) (02/08/91)

In article <1991Feb7.231511.13760@santra.uucp> s37837k@saha.hut.fi (Jari Lehto) writes:
>In article <91037.183353CXW148@psuvm.psu.edu> CXW148@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>>Both the Amiga and the Atari ST are far superior to any IBM PC or Mac, and
>>the only people who should be called idiots are the people who buy these
>>machines.
>>        Chris Winward, userid CXW148 on PSUVM
>>
>>Disclaimer: These opinions are my own, but probably reflect those of any
>>            knowledgeable computer user.
>
>Hey, you seem to be a quite good fellow after all.
>
>I think the order is: TT > ST > Mac > Amiga > ..... > IBM PC...
      Hahah. Thats all ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I have to say about this
order.
   Hmm, is it possible to even buy a TT in the USA?

>Sorry about the nasty flaming in my previous posting...
>I just get carried out when I see the word Amiga in this newsgroup...
 Yes, your sure do overreact to Amiga messages. I surmise it is because
you have an inferiority complex about your machine. Besides that, you
went off half-cocked yelling at Amiga users posting in your group, when
it was cross-posted!
   All I can say is calm down and take a chill pill.

neil@cs.hw.ac.uk (Neil Forsyth) (02/08/91)

In article <1991Feb7.022155.3442@marlin.jcu.edu.au> glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matt Crowd) writes:
>In article <91037.183353CXW148@psuvm.psu.edu> CXW148@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>>Both the Amiga and the Atari ST are far superior to any IBM PC or Mac, and
>>the only people who should be called idiots are the people who buy these
>>machines.
>>        Chris Winward, userid CXW148 on PSUVM
>>

>I wouldn't go so far as to say that the ST is better than the Mac, or
>even a 486 ibm for that respect....

I don't want to start a long (and boring!) discussion about this but if you are
willing to pay any amount then you will always get a 'better' computer.
I've heard a braggart go on about how great his '486 machine was and how it
could do anything an ST could do and some more. BUT for the price of this
particular machine you could have bought 4 or 5 ST's and so more people would
have some computing power on their own desks.

I really think Atari should make the business community aware of their product
line and get the ST/TT into the offices of the world!

mjs@hpfcso.HP.COM (Marc Sabatella) (02/09/91)

>    #Both the Amiga and the Atari ST are far superior to any IBM PC or Mac, and
>    #the only people who should be called idiots are the people who buy these
>    #machines.
>
>    And the marketing people at Atari. Agreed?

Perhaps.  The people I would call idiots are the ones who think one computer is
inherently better than another, or that such a proposition would provable by
quoting spec sheets.

For what I want to do - integrated sequencing and notation - the Atari ST &
Notator does it the best for me.  Having, say, a "CRAY" on my desk, even if it
were small enough and cheap enough, would be pointless, since there is no
software to meet my needs.  Having 3,000,000 colors all on the screen at once
would be equally pointless.  The only multi-tasking I need is the complete
integration of sequencing and notation, since I do nothing else with this
computer.  And yes, I have used multi-tasking - the HP 425t's with 68040's we
have here at work, on which I do all other computer "work", will multitask
rings around the Amiga, are faster than the TT, and have better graphics than
Atari & Amiga combined.  But they are useless as sequencers.

Someone else may have different needs, and another machine (perhaps a PC for
data processing, or a Mac for DTP; I don't follow those markets) would address
them better.  That doesn't make them idiots.

glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matt Crowd) (02/09/91)

>I really think Atari should make the business community aware of their product
>line and get the ST/TT into the offices of the world!

If they could, they would've.

matt crowd.

schaper@pnet51.orb.mn.org (S Schaper) (02/13/91)

Please take this discussion to alt.religion.computers
   I personally don't mind informational articles about new Amiga or Mac orIBM

or NeXt or SparcStation capabilities, but this arguing over who's got the
bigger,
er better computer is very tiresome. And the nodes have to pay long distance
charges to send these things.
Zeitgeist Busters!
UUCP: {crash tcnet}!orbit!pnet51!schaper
INET: schaper@pnet51.orb.mn.org
           Aslan is on the move!