[comp.sys.atari.st] Thanks on VCTRDEMO.PRG

gaudreau@juggler.East.Sun.COM (Joe Gaudreau - Sun BOS Software) (02/13/91)

In article <1991Feb12.032534.29640@lynx.CS.ORST.EDU> thaanuj@prism.CS.ORST.EDU (John Thaanum) writes:
>Thanks for all the help.  Many of those who replied stated that it flat
>wouldn't work on a tv.  A good hard twist of the vertical hold solved the
>problem (too bad everything else has the shakes now! :-))
>
>Lesson to be learned:  Before giving up, check the obvious.
>
>Looks great, too.
Yes, it does!  But it took some work to get it going on a Mega/Ste.  Here's
the scoop...  It looks like the program uses some pretty weird interrupts
cause it wouldn't work with my normal env.  Okay, I took out the .acc's.
Almost worked, but now the colors are very off.  Uninstalled my HD and ran
it from floppy.  Works fine.  The final solution was to format a HD bypass
disk (with DCFMT302) and put a low-rez inf and VCTRDEMO on it.  Boot from
that then run the program.  Pretty cool stuff.  It would be very nice to
see the source code so that everyone could use the 3-d sprites...  Although,
based on something I worked on before, it's not at all difficult to come
up with the routines to do everything.  It's just blits... and a 3d lib...!
and z-buffering of a sort... and ... :-)  Sounds like a good first grahix
project for Turbo-C and assembler!

Another weird thing about the Mega/Ste...  When booting from floppy, it
will NOT run what's in the auto folder and it ignores the [ALT] key totally
(it's supposed to kill the HD boot process).  Any response from Atari?
Be nice to us developers!

Joe
-=-