[comp.sys.atari.st] PATCH utility needed

piet@cs.ruu.nl (Piet van Oostrum) (02/12/91)

RG> I'm trying to port some Unix code to the atari. most of the sources is
RG> delivered with PATCH files. I know that there is a PATCH-utilitiy
RG> available on the Unix stations. So my question is: is the PATCH-utility
RG> available for the atari, if not, can someone point me to sources of the
RG> utility (hopefully without patches :-), so that I can port them to the
RG> atari ?

I have a patch.ttp on my atari but I had some problems with it. It didn't
accept some perfectly correct patches. I don't know where I got it.

I see some patch versions on atari.archive.umich.edu, but I don't know if
they are the same versions or better, or worse. Maybe somebody from the
archive management can comment?

atari/gnustuff/tos:
-rw-rw-r--  1 226        121584 Aug 15  1989 patch.zoo

atari/utilities:
-rw-rw-r--  1 226         91023 Apr 12  1989 patch.arc
--
Piet* van Oostrum, Dept of Computer Science, Utrecht University,
Padualaan 14, P.O. Box 80.089, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands.

saj@chinet.chi.il.us (Stephen Jacobs) (02/13/91)

In article <4823@ruuinf.cs.ruu.nl> piet@cs.ruu.nl (Piet van Oostrum) writes:

>I have a patch.ttp on my atari but I had some problems with it. It didn't
>accept some perfectly correct patches. I don't know where I got it.

I don't know if this is the problem, but the version of patch.ttp that I have
is definitely sensitive to the difference between lines ending in ^J only
(UNIX style) and those ending in ^J^M (most ST editors, and the desktop).
I haven't characterized the EXACT behavior, but I get the best results
by putting both main file and patch into UNIX style before applying the
patch.                            Steve          saj@chinet.chi.il.us