[comp.sys.atari.st] DM1 - The lord chaos!

clive@aldetec.oz.au (Clive Salvidge) (01/31/91)

Well, at last, the dragon is dead, I have the firestaff...
But HOW do you kill the lord chaos?  I have tried fluxcaging
him but he just jumps right out when I try to fuse him!

any ideas you guys???

It is nice to see some less serious talk on the group

__________________.         _--_|\         .______________________________
Clive Salvidge    |        /      \        | Internet :  clive@aldetec.oz.au
Aldetec Pty Ltd   |        \_.--._/        | ACSnet   :  clive@aldetec.oz
Western Australia |              v         | Voice    :  +61-9-4451888
_________< Due to a lack of imagination, this space is blank ! >__________

lsmichae@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Lars Michael ) (02/01/91)

clive@aldetec.oz.au (Clive Salvidge) writes:

>Well, at last, the dragon is dead, I have the firestaff...
>But HOW do you kill the lord chaos?  I have tried fluxcaging
>him but he just jumps right out when I try to fuse him!

>any ideas you guys???

You have to fluxcage the fields *surrounding* lord chaos. This is easy if you
guide him into an edge like this:

wall:       #		########
you:        o		########
lord chaos: @		##@.
flux cage:  .		##..
			##o
			##

Now you can fuse lord chaos and enjoy the *nice* end sequence.

								Lars

+-----------------------------------+----------------------------------+
|  Lars Michael                     |    | | |                         |
|  lsmichae@faui43.uni-erlangen.de  |    | | |   "Down with ATARI,     |
+-----------------------------------+   /  |  \   Long live the ST !"  |
|  "May the Schwartz be with you!"  |  /   |   \                       |
+-----------------------------------+----------------------------------+

Just as an aside... A friend of mine told me he'd somehow managed to kill
Lord Chaos (by accident) instead of caging him. I tried to duplicate this
feat, but wasn't able to with any number of fireballs. (At this point, my
4 characters were all master level wizards, though I don't have any 6th
level masters yet.) I could sit and lob 4 6th power fireballs a second,
firing from each character, for about 8 rounds, run away and recharge, and
do this again and again ad nauseam, with no apparent effect. I wonder if
he's immune to fireballs, mebbe I should use those magic swords or something.
Also, there's no such thing as an invincible character, I've decided. I
jacked all my stats up to max, and even with multiple fire shields up,
you can't make any mistakes fighting the dragon or demons, or you're toast.
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan

Flame all you want - we'll take more.